The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

Tools    

I hope this movie turns out well! I love the books!

The Adventure Starts Here!
I just saw the movie last night (advance screening). It was an all-around decently good movie -- better than I would have thought going into it. The humor was good, especially in the first half. The second half had a few too many tearjerking moments, but I forgive it anyway. It was well cast, with America Ferrera and Amber Tamblyn doing great jobs in their roles especially.

It was a very solid coming-of-age movie without too much weird angst or too much navel-contemplation. Very well-rounded, I thought, even if bits of the plot seemed a little too contrived or convenient.

I'd give it 3 or 3.5 stars out of 5.

can't say i've read the book, but i'm familiar with the story and am looking forward to the film nontheless

Put me in your pocket...
I saw it yesterday with my daughter...and I LOVED it. I loved the girls and loved the stories and how they were handled. Thanks for the heads up Linda.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I went with two adult friends and not my daughter, which gave me an opportunity to prescreen it for her. Now, I'm hoping she'll actually want to see it with me because it would be fun for us to go together.

Glad it worked out for you. The girls really did make the movie, and I think each one was well cast and realistic. A hard thing for that age group to pull off on film.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i can wait till it comes out in england, if it ever makes it over here. Does anyone know who the books are written by because i like to see if i can read the books before i see the film