Criterion sale

Tools    

is the sale still on? about how much for a criterion?
Goes through the end of July. Criterions are usually $30-40 each, so now it's more like $15-20.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
By looking at the films I like and have seen, what do you recommend I get? I'm throwing in the towel and I'm going tomorrow to look.

Well, I went and after deliberating I cut it down to 8 possible buys:

-Night of the Hunter
-The Thin Red Line
-Short Cuts
-12 Angry Men
-Charade
-Ace in the Hole
-The Gold Rush
-The Lady Vanishes

any predictions what I went with?

Exterminate all rational thought.
Night of the Hunter - yes!
The Thin Red Line - F yes! One of my all time favorites.
Short Cuts - never seen it
12 Angry Men - yes. A classic
Charade - yes! Watched it last week, a lot of fun. Cary Grant is great in it.
Ace in the Hole - never seen it
The Gold Rush - Chaplin, but of course!
The Lady Vanishes - Definitely, early Hitchcock, and very funny!

All good choices, enjoy!

FWIW - The Thin Red Line is my favorite Criterion edition by far. The blu-ray transfer is phenomenal.

I forgot to put that I only got two, I went with The Thin Red Line and Charade. Only wish I could have afforded them all. Haven't seen either that I've bought yet.

Picked up On the Waterfront. Watched half of it. Will watch the rest later. I enjoyed what I saw.

Picked up On the Waterfront. Watched half of it. Will watch the rest later. I enjoyed what I saw.

Absolute gem of a movie. Expect to see it on your MOFO Top 25 of the 50s list

For those in Britain like me, Amazon.com have some of the Criterion films up for the same price now, $19.99. It should be cheaper than Barnes and Noble because I believe Amazon have cheaper shipping prices(only about £2 difference but it helps), oh and faster delivery from my experience.

So worth checking out.

For the same price but cheaper with lower postage, I just ordered this from Amazon:

I was planning to sit this one out but ended up ordering thes two today

Close-up (Blu-ray)

The Music Room (DVD)

Exterminate all rational thought.
6 today:

The Devil's Backbone
The Ice Storm
In the Realm of the Senses
The Blob
Marketa Lazarova
and Safety Last!

A good haul today!

Got this yesterday.

Had to get at least one more before the sale was over. I was really hoping My Own Private Idaho was cheap enough, because I really want to rewatch it, and all of the other goodies, but it was the same amount as a standard Criterion blu ray (because of the hefty packaging,) and you can buy it used for a significantly cheaper amount online. Oh well!

Criterion is a lot cheaper in the US than in Canada. Here each Blu Ray are more than 30$. I prefer buying 3 movies than 1 for that price.