Where can I watch TV shows for free safely?

Tools    

There are a lot of streaming services that are safe and free. Most feature ads (which is why they are free). Many don't even require you to make an account.

Tubi
Crackle
Vudu (there is a free and a paid version)
Peacock (likewise there is a free and a "Premium" version)
IMDbTV (which is now called Freeve? or something like that)

If your local library subscribes you can also watch free movies/TV on Kanopy or Hoopla.

Yeah, preemptively, we don't allow open discussion of how to pirate things here. Obviously people can discuss pirating in general, but we ask that anything more specific than that (IE: go to this site, download this program, do this) has to be in private.

That's just the rule. Non-rule, but just ethically, I think it's important to support creative projects we like.

Takoma gave you an excellent list. I would also add that YouTube has many public domain TV shows available. I just finished legally watching all the existing episodes of What's My Line on YouTube.
Also streaming sites often offer free 1 month trials, you can usually cancel before the 1 month period and it won't cost you anything.

Yeah, preemptively, we don't allow open discussion of how to pirate things here. Obviously people can discuss pirating in general, but we ask that anything more specific than that (IE: go to this site, download this program, do this) has to be in private.

That's just the rule. Non-rule, but just ethically, I think it's important to support creative projects we like.
yep soo true

Through the gap in the curtains at #24 just round the corner from me.

*Results may be wildly different at a #24 near you

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
What about the sand? As we all know It's coarse and rough and irritating — and it gets everywhere!
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

There is Plutotv as well.
Pluto brings me back to the good ol' days of DirecTV during my childhood. Of course these days instead of Danny Phantom it's Beavis amd Butthead.

You can watch all the shows on the internet for free. But to watch them for free, you will have to spend several hours looking for torrents because they are not available on any of the legal websites. And you can’t be sure that you are downloading the latest episode and all the previous episodes as well. So it could be risky.