Digesting So Many Movies In Short Time = Problem?

Tools    

...there are a lot of classic westerns out there which I will never watch because I hate westerns. I would rather re-watch a movie I've seen fifty times than watch a western I've never seen.
I feel the same way but about other films, I'm not into most new comedies or newer horror films. But I couldn't ever watch a movie 50 times, I'd get too bored. I usually don't rewatch movies unless many years have passed since my last viewing. I value the first time watch experience.

But I couldn't ever watch a movie 50 times, I'd get too bored.
I have!

The Mummy
Pretty In Pink
Dirty Dancing

Agora is up there to, almost!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I really don't think there's such a thing as running out of great movies to watch...it's impossible to see "everything", but for myself, I know there are a lot of great classic moves that I will never watch because of the genre or subject matter. For example, there are a lot of classic westerns out there which I will never watch because I hate westerns. I would rather re-watch a movie I've seen fifty times than watch a western I've never seen.

I actually would like to re-watch some movies, to see if I still like them after ten years, but I can't, because I want to see something I haven't seen before. I will say noir and westerns are probably not going to be my next choices because the average one isn't too diverse. I'm looking for experimental but not weird for weird's sake... I think some of it is... burn-out, because I'm just not able to do a lot of things I want to do.

You'd be amazed though on a rewatch how much you missed the first time, or how the movie is just better the second time you watch it. Sometimes you just don't catch the full essence of a movie in a single watch.

Victim of The Night
I never run out of great movies to watch and I am 49 years old.
My queue is still hundreds of movies long and I continue to see movies that blow me away all the time.
Still, go outside every once in a while, eh?

I really don't think there's such a thing as running out of great movies to watch...it's impossible to see "everything", but for myself, I know there are a lot of great classic moves that I will never watch because of the genre or subject matter. For example, there are a lot of classic westerns out there which I will never watch because I hate westerns. I would rather re-watch a movie I've seen fifty times than watch a western I've never seen.

What about watch a western you have seen?

I'm mostly done with my fourth movie of my relaxed Saturday: Hard Boiled. I admit I started 9 1/2 Weeks yesterday. Then comes the original Lolita so I can watch the remake tomorrow.

Just crunching the numbers, to watch a thousand movies in a single year, you'd need to watch 2.7/day, everyday.
I'm thinking about this as my personal movie collection is approaching that 1000 number, and the fact that I'd like to rewatch movies that I like.

There are certain movies that I've carved out specific days/times of the year to set aside time and enjoy some of the specific old favorites just so I don't fall into the trap of, "I loved it, but I haven't seen it in quite a while," but even that's such a small percentage of the movies I'd like to do that for.

What about watch a western you have seen?
I can count on one hand the westerns I've seen...I've seen True Grit (1969), McLintock! and Tombstone...that's all I can think of at the moment.

I can count on one hand the westerns I've seen...I've seen True Grit (1969), McLintock! and Tombstone...that's all I can think of at the moment.
I've seen a lot of westerns and while I like those that you mentioned they are not the westerns I would recommend to you based on your movies likes. May I suggest a musical western that I love...
Calamity Jane (1953)
and you might like
Annie Get Your Gun (1950) I'm sure you know this was to be a Judy Garland vehicle but she tanked out and was replaced with Betty Hutton.

It seems weird judging an entire genre on general impressions and only three movies.

Speaking as someone who grew up not really caring for westerns, myself, I'd suggest giving McCabe & Mrs Miller a viewing. It's tough to pick blind recs, but it's considered by many to be Altman's best movie and it's for a reason (going with something more closer to Virginia Woolfe due to your AV than The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford or Meek's Cutoff).

Though you might be using a very narrow definition of western that excludes all of the more interesting ones (at least by my reckoning).

ETA:
I noticed you did include a clause of "classic" in one of your original sentences. But you also listed Tombstone as a Western you've seen. So I don't know how interpret the meaning of the sentiment. But if you want a decent classic western, if you're at least partial to 12 Angry Men, then I'd suggest The Oxbow Incident (I actually like The Oxbow Incident more, but I suspect that's just me).

I'm not judging the whole genre by those three movies. I just don't like westerns period, the genre does not appeal to me. It's pure coincidence and nothing else that motivated my viewing those three movies. Let me put it in a way that you might understand...I hate westerns, but I love musicals, have seen just about every major musical ever made, some more than five or six times. How many musicals have you seen? How many have you seen more than once?

I've seen a lot of westerns and while I like those that you mentioned they are not the westerns I would recommend to you based on your movies likes. May I suggest a musical western that I love...
Calamity Jane (1953)
and you might like
Annie Get Your Gun (1950) I'm sure you know this was to be a Judy Garland vehicle but she tanked out and was replaced with Betty Hutton.

I have seen both of these films, as you well know Citizen, but I consider them musicals, not westerns.

I have seen both of these films, as you well know Citizen, but I consider them musicals, not westerns.
OK, I understand...I was pretty sure you must have seen them. What about comedy westerns like: Cat Ballou or Blazing Saddles? have you seen those?

OK, I understand...I was pretty sure you must have seen them. What about comedy westerns like: Cat Ballou or Blazing Saddles? have you seen those?
Blazing Saddles is not a movie for young children back when it came out. Someone should have told my father that. Maybe that's why I'm not a fan of American comedies.

Blazing Saddles is not a movie for young children back when it came out. Someone should have told my father that. Maybe that's why I'm not a fan of American comedies.
I only seen Blazing Saddles for the first time in an HoF, I'm not a fan of that type of comedy either, but I think Gideon might like it.

Dude, you're a movie buff with the most active review thread here, and you haven't gotten to Sergio Leone? Hell I've even seen his rare peplum movie!

OK, westerns can be pretty damn diverse, but there are typical recs all over as well. I'm gonna follow the recommendations of Mr. McCabe if you don't like typical westerns. But getting through the Leone movies is essential for any movie buff, especially The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West. And for the history, you need to see A Fistful of Dollars to compare it to Yojimbo. Most agree the trilogy gets better with each entry. And from a full-on story development perspective with some heavy characterization, you'll probably want to see The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Actually, I recently reached 100 westerns thanks to a recent marathon of Spaghetti Westerns by Sergio Corbucci and Gianfranco Parolini. I'm not into westerns the way my father was, but I recognize that the works of John Ford, Howard Hanks, Leone and Eastwood are quite essential to moviegoers. You just force yourself through them. Little secret: I have a hard time watching movies with racist characters, and I forced myself through Django Unchained. I saved it for last when I finished the Tarantino catalogue.

Yes, I have seen Blazing Saddles and Cat Ballou