Any1 Interested Joining a MOFO Band?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I've always avoided using computers, but with this free program I just downloaded (Audacity) enables a collaboration from all over the world. For example, I would send you a track with a little bit of music, and you add something, and maybe others can add. We simply send each file (.wav files in 44.1 mhz, 16-bit, mono) separately, so we can try to find different possibilities if you like mixing. It would be cool just to see how a handful of people would mix the same exact 8 tracks for example.

It doesn't matter what instrument you play. The less mainstream, the better! Especially a trombone, where you can play quarter-tones. This is what I'm working with

This is for fun, unless we create magic somehow and become millionaires while spreading our Top 10 movie lists during every press interview

Women are strongly encouraged. Vocals sound best with them. Or at least some harmony with a man and woman's voice. Here's something I just did using that very program.

Maybe.
U got a plan in mind yet?

I would start very simply, see how it works, and probably go onto another idea... I have some isolated drum tracks, but I also have another one with Drums and Piano that could use electric guitar, or any other instrument besides percussion and acoustic guitar (tried it).

It's fun to talk shop, too..... Most of the stuff I've written is on an acoustic or piano, and eventually I complete it. Sometimes I do .... well, like this song below from my 2nd album. I wanted to see how much music I could get with just a dumbek and an acoustic using a Byzantine scale and all in A...

I have an unfinished song using Middle-Eastern rhythms, but with jazz chords (majority being maj7th), and then the opposite. Jazzy drumming with Middle-Eastern scales. I have other ideas, too many, but I can't do it all. I don't play any woodwinds, violin, and I don't sing which reminds me of songs I have where I remove the melodies, and see what a woman could add using only vocables. To see how different they would do it. It's a lot like when someone reviewed my album a week ago. I wasn't going to press, but to see someone rank my songs would be something I'd probably pay for.

I've always avoided using computers, but with this free program I just downloaded (Audacity) enables a collaboration from all over the world. For example, I would send you a track with a little bit of music, and you add something, and maybe others can add. We simply send each file (.wav files in 44.1 mhz, 16-bit, mono) separately, so we can try to find different possibilities if you like mixing. It would be cool just to see how a handful of people would mix the same exact 8 tracks for example.

It doesn't matter what instrument you play. The less mainstream, the better! Especially a trombone, where you can play quarter-tones. This is what I'm working with

This is for fun, unless we create magic somehow and become millionaires while spreading our Top 10 movie lists during every press interview

Women are strongly encouraged. Vocals sound best with them. Or at least some harmony with a man and woman's voice. Here's something I just did using that very program.

i always wanted that black and white electric guitar D=

A system of cells interlinked
As long as it is metal...

I have no musical talent whatsoever, but I'm intrigued by this idea and will definitely follow along.
Same here, though I played a few instruments as a kid.

As long as it is metal...
Tosses newly made papier-mâché trombone into the bin and storms out of the thread

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'd suggest something that you've not already written unless you just want to put stuff out to the universe that you've been sitting on. I dabble in a bit of everything, but not very good at any of it. I'd be happy to respond to anything, if I can, if someone gets a ball or two rolling.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I'd be interested. I would be able to do guitar and at a push some poorly played piano. Can also add strings or atmospheric warps / tempo evolutions etc if you need.

I work in a DAW so can always add to a .WAV and send you back a .WAV.

OK, just shoot me a PM with your e-mail address. I have one track with drums and a dumbek. Not too many changes. I have it in .wma so it's easy to send via e-mail being 8 MBs. If you hate the dumbek, I can send you the drums alone, too. And when you send it back, just remember to send individual files, so they're not embedded into the mix (unable to change volumes, etc)..

OK, just shoot me a PM with your e-mail address. I have one track with drums and a dumbek. Not too many changes. I have it in .wma so it's easy to send via e-mail being 8 MBs. If you hate the dumbek, I can send you the drums alone, too. And when you send it back, just remember to send individual files, so they're not embedded into the mix (unable to change volumes, etc)..
Are you playing to a click track? Hitting record and improvising? Mostly just curious btw on synching everyone's individual bits.

Just PM'd you. I'll give whatever a listen for a few days to see if anything comes to mind. I might need to wait for some chords or something to respond to. I seem to do better reacting to stuff.

What is your aim with the track you've created? I mean, do you already have ideas in mind to direct? Or are you just fishing for wtfever comes of it, if anything?

Just PM'd you. I'll give whatever a listen for a few days to see if anything comes to mind. I might need to wait for some chords or something to respond to. I seem to do better reacting to stuff.

What is your aim with the track you've created? I mean, do you already have ideas in mind to direct? Or are you just fishing for wtfever comes of it, if anything?

I'm PMing you right now.. No click track. Basically reacting, improvising, whatever sounds good. Maybe even having a couple of different demos. If you send me a file, I will get right on it immediately. I work very fast, or at least until it's finished.

I played some drums back when I was a teenager, but I was never any good. I can sing a bit, though. And I have experience using Audacity for my podcast, so I would be definitely curious to throw something in this mixer

For those who prefer more experimental, less conventional, if you think you can any something to this... anything, you can google something like "YouTube to Wav" and extract the drumming from this, and add whatever you want - whatever you play. To keep it "communal", if you keep track of the chords, it will be easy for anyone else who wants to contribute.

I played some drums back when I was a teenager, but I was never any good. I can sing a bit, though. And I have experience using Audacity for my podcast, so I would be definitely curious to throw something in this mixer

Just an idea, but since we are an international forum, why not have vocalists doing vocables! It would be nice to get some harmonies, or even another track singing an octave above or below.

I guess the more we post, the more it might attract. Someone might prefer one kind of music over the other, but it would also be cool to see what two different musicians would add onto something. There's so many different combinations of things we could do.

It's amazing how difficult it is playing to a beat with no click and no visuals on the drummer. Gonna need my best ears for this, but will give it a go.

That's the spirit!