The most beautiful long red hair I've ever seen

Tools    

I was watching the 1995 "Jade" -- not a very good movie -- and saw a woman with the most beautiful long red hair: Angie Everhart. She may not be much of an actress (I don't really know) but she could get acting jobs on looks alone. I've never seen such gorgeous red hair -- and the rest of her ain't bad either . . .

Looks like red hair from a jar. I have a number of serious red-heads in the family and none have that color, which is too dark. She also does not have the skin tone that comes with the hair, unlike Ron Howard who hits all of the red-head numbers. Real red hair comes from an unusual balance of two skin pigments, one of which causes tan to brown in skin but is lacking in red heads. She's also too tanned. That's why red-heads are advised to avoid bright sun. As good as she looks, she's a chemistry project.

Looks like red hair from a jar. I have a number of serious red-heads in the family and none have that color, which is too dark. She also does not have the skin tone that comes with the hair, unlike Ron Howard who hits all of the red-head numbers. Real red hair comes from an unusual balance of two skin pigments, one of which causes tan to brown in skin but is lacking in red heads. She's also too tanned. That's why red-heads are advised to avoid bright sun. As good as she looks, she's a chemistry project.
Which makes me ask: why do we call it "red" hair?
The only people with red hair are those who've dyed it.

When natural, it's a light orange - or veering into auburn (where more brown is involved), or "strawberry blonde" which is like a reddish color lightened by a cream-like color that ends up like a very very light orange (rather than a pink - which you'd get if you mixed red and white).

Couple of pics of Angie Everhart:

Which makes me ask: why do we call it "red" hair?
The only people with red hair are those who've dyed it.

When natural, it's a light orange - or veering into auburn (where more brown is involved), or "strawberry blonde" which is like a reddish color lightened by a cream-like color that ends up like a very very light orange (rather than a pink - which you'd get if you mixed red and white).
Yep. I have often wondered where "red" came from in "red haired".

Another beautiful redhead: Julianne Moore

Interesting snippets: she was once engaged to Stallone & once engaged to Joe Pesci.

Interesting snippets: she was once engaged to Stallone & once engaged to Joe Pesci.
I see she also dated Howard Stern in 2000.

Yep. I have often wondered where "red" came from in "red haired".
AFAIK, it comes from us not having a word for the colour and so 'Red' was as close as we had. Obviously orange is usually more apt, but then we didn't have that word until 'we' discovered oranges, by which time Red was the commonly used word. I'm going to guess the same is/was true of ginger for the English speaking world.

And just to join in the fun of posting pics of beautiful redheads.

Alicia Witt

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Damn, a popular MoFo thread got a spin-off! Redheads with Long Hair Beauty We Appreciate

AFAIK, it comes from us not having a word for the colour and so 'Red' was as close as we had. Obviously orange is usually more apt, but then we didn't have that word until 'we' discovered oranges, by which time Red was the commonly used word. I'm going to guess the same is/was true of ginger for the English speaking world.

And just to join in the fun of posting pics of beautiful redheads.

Alicia Witt
How about "Rust"? "Pumpkin"?

"Hey, check out the pumpkin-head over there!"

(I guess none of these sound too flattering.)

How about "Rust"? "Pumpkin"?

"Hey, check out the pumpkin-head over there!"

(I guess none of these sound too flattering.)
I found the red-heads in my family referring to themselves as gingers, the term from South Park. It also applies to their skin tone.

You can probably locate the color on a color wheel, but it ain't red.

Nikki Cox ain't bad either. She was married to Jay Mohr.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Here's one but she is a musician: Simone Simons, the lead singer of one of my favorite bands, Dutch symphonic metal group Epica