Things You Just Found Out/Learned Recently?

Tools    

I just found out two nerdlings got married and their parents have gone all Capulets and Montagues about it. Let's hope it turns out better for them than Romeo and Juliet. Nerds need love too!

I just found out two nerdlings got married and their parents have gone all Capulets and Montagues about it. Let's hope it turns out better for them than Romeo and Juliet. Nerds need love too!
What a sweet post.

Better late than never. And she’s almost real, right?
Ha True story...I was shopping with my wife at Walmart several years ago and I noticed all this Hanna Montana merchandising. I mean it was everywhere at Wallmart. So I said to my wife, 'Hanna had better make the most of her fame now because later she'll be forgotten.' My wife then says, 'she's not real, that's Miley Cyrus. Hanna Montanta is the name of a TV character.'...I'm thinking to myself, 'I'm so out of touch these days!' I really had thought that everytime I heard Hanna Montana mentioned that she was a real person.

I recently found out that I am Osman. That was a surprise. I suppose it's better than learning that you are Fabfunk...

Ha True story...I was shopping with my wife at Walmart several years ago and I noticed all this Hanna Montana merchandising. I mean it was everywhere at Wallmart. So I said to my wife, 'Hanna had better make the most of her fame now because later she'll be forgotten.' My wife then says, 'she's not real, that's Miley Cyrus. Hanna Montanta is the name of a TV character.'...I'm thinking to myself, 'I'm so out of touch these days!' I really had thought that everytime I heard Hanna Montana mentioned that she was a real person.
Hold onto your hat, Rules... country / western singer Billy Ray Cyrus is also Hannah Montana's father!

Hold onto your hat, Rules... country / western singer Billy Ray Cyrus is also Hannah Montana's father!

And they were originally going to call her character Alexis Texas, but had to change it when they discovered that another uh... ...actress... ...was going by that moniker.

I actually found that out seconds later after my wife told me Hannah Montana wasn't real.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Brilliant black actors having been systematically hired to play the dim-witted, lazy and gluttonous n///er in 1940s movies. In 1940s "antiracist" movies even, such as the Charlie Chan detective stories, where Asians (even if folkloric with their "typical" mangled english and flowery metaphors) were presented as brilliant.

I now want to see more Willie Best movies. I suspect he would have been great in modern comedic roles. It's tragic that... well, a//holes were a//holing even more back then, and that this perverted situation even lead to some people reproaching him to "play along" with racist representations by accepting the only roles available.

So many layers of injustice. Such a waste.

I didn't know that Albert Brooks and Super Dave Osborne are brothers
Albert and Stewart Robert Einstein are brothers... and half-brothers to Charles Einstein.

They were all the grandsons of the physicist Albert Einstein! (Just kidding!)

But their father was a comedian on radio and appeared in films in the 30's & 40's.
The mother of Albert [Brooks] and Bob Einstein was Thelma Leeds who was an actress. Brooks based his 1996 comedy "Mother" on his mother Thelma Leeds and the title part was played by Debbie Reynolds.

Thelma had dropped out of acting early after just a few films ending in 1937, but her son Albert briefly revived her career in her elder years by putting her in his movies Real Life (1979) and Modern Romance (1981).

You should hear how we pronounce the word "schedule"!
My first week in America this was the first word I changed from Brit-speak to America-speak. The Brit pronunciation sounds ridiculous.

A word I avoid like the plague is “banana”. Sounds ridiculous the way I say it as it sounds like a combo of Brit-speak & America-speak.

I say “tomato” the American way & I never use aluminium.

Was this supposed to be movie related?
If it was, the OP didn’t say so.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I just found out that Hanna Montana isn't a real person. Who knew!
Don't worry, I still remember when I realised Donald Glover and Childish Gambino were the same person.

If it was, the OP didn’t say so.
True, but then, it's is in the Movie Discussion section. You're not alone though, it appears a few haven't noticed/cared and that's not an admonisment either.

True, but then, it's is in the Movie Discussion section. You're not alone though, it appears a few haven't noticed/cared and that's not an admonisment either.
Let’s face it, a good number of threads here morph into something else.