Question about the story to Brokeback Mountain (2005).

Tools    

No I think they could show them struggle with their sexuality more and still have the movie be just as long, the sex scenes with the women were written differently, but with the same amount of length.
I remember when it came out, I think a lot of people just referred to it as "that gay cowboy film", struggling with sexuality on film puts some people off even now, 13 years ago doesn't sound like a lot of time but things have changed a lot, I think every year a new letter is added to the LGBTQ abbreviation (ok that's an exaggeration)

The answer to this is the answer to 90% of your questions: people are complicated. They do not always fit into neat little categories or behave in perfectly consistent ways. They aren't robots, basically.

Movie Forums Extra
I'd say Ennis is bi, as he actually seems to be invested / attracted to the women he's with. But his connection with Jack just supersedes this. Whereas Jack is just gay to my understanding - and his entire life is left waiting for Ennis to finally realise that they should be together.

But I did feel it was portrayed as being too easy and not enough conflict though.

This is why I felt they were bisexual, cause of they were gay, the conflict would be much, much higher I feel. This article here also talks about how they were bisexual and not gay, but for some reason, a lot of viewers think they are gay:

https://pages.shanti.virginia.edu/Ne...back-mountain/
I have always felt that Ennis' encounter with Jack was the first time he ever had sex with a man. I never got that impression with Jack at all.