Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Time for a couple months of the Tatum narrative.

I’ll cut some slack for the age/inexperience, but his inability to finish at the rim seems like a real thing. To be that big and broad and avoid contact like he does, seems like a bad sign.

In fairness, the media has been trying to push him in the top ten all year and maybe he’s not that guy.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Time for a couple months of the Tatum narrative.

I’ll cut some slack for the age/inexperience, but his inability to finish at the rim seems like a real thing. To be that big and broad and avoid contact like he does, seems like a bad sign.

In fairness, the media has been trying to push him in the top ten all year and maybe he’s not that guy.

When they were 20-21, everyone was saying they had to get rid of one. I always felt it would be smarter to keep Brown, because they could get more in return for Tatum, and I think Jaylen is better. He's soft. And had so many bad games in The Finals.

They need a pure point guard. Ricky Rubio is older, but him coming off the bench wouldn't be a bad idea, but they need someone besides Smart, who should play the point forward.

And yes, the media loves to stick with their narratives until it's obvious. Malika Andrews on ESPN during a show TOLD him he was the best player on his team, and the talk about "Can you being the best player on your team win it all?"

I can't wait til the draft... The Finals were all blowouts; with an average disparity of double-digit leads I'm guessing. And then free agency! I love the trade deadline just as much, if not more. Summer league, too!

The intrigue with this draft is one of the best I can remember.

Do you think the Pistons can get someone who can contribute right away at #5?
If Ivey slips past #4, yes. What I saw of him, wasn’t impressive. Hearing people talk about him, he should be #1.

Rumors are circulating that they are trying to trade up. None of this stuff is believable.

If Ivey slips past #4, yes. What I saw of him, wasn’t impressive. Hearing people talk about him, he should be #1.

Rumors are circulating that they are trying to trade up. None of this stuff is believable.

Yeah, especially during draft time.

What do you think of Keegan Murray?

I don’t know anything about him, couldn’t say.

I know Kenny Atkinson backed out of the Hornets gig. Feels bad man.

Yeah, its going 7 haha
Thank God it didn't because now it's time to turn our attention to far more important things....like my Magic drafting #1 on Thursday

I have no idea who I want them to pick. Sucks there isn't like an obvious choice at 1 like a LeBron or something. Still pretty good options up top. I think I'm leaning ever so slightly for Jabari. We need shooting desperately. However if it's Chet I won't be disappointed. I'd like Paolo but I'd hope we trade back for him, he won't go one. In fact I'd love to get some assets from OKC and trade back to 2. Let them make the decision and take whoever they don't. It seems like we were always one pick off from getting a difference maker this whole decade. Then the draft where #2 would probably be preferential we get 1 ha.

Oh well. We havent screwed up a #1 pick yet Shaq, Penny and Dwight. Hopefully this time the Pick will actually finish the job and give us a championship before leaving ;(

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Golden State in 6 would have been an odd prediction going into the series, but Celtics were pretty average at home throughout the playoffs. Gotta keep remembering to fade whatever 538sports says for next year's NBA playoffs.

I have no insight about the draft haha

Congratulations, matt! Pistons won the draft. There was a stat about players drafted after the Kings, being all-stars. If it wasn’t for Sacramento, Charlotte would be in the running for the worse run franchise.

Congratulations, matt! Pistons won the draft. There was a stat about players drafted after the Kings, being all-stars. If it wasn’t for Sacramento, Charlotte would be in the running for the worse run franchise.

Thank you! Oddly enough, I was hoping we'd draft Ivey and somehow get a third team involved to get Keegan Murray, who I think Detroit will regret passing up, just like picking Killian Hayes over Tyler Halliburton (or Luke Kennard over Donovan Mitchell), mostly because of the questions about the lack of defense and perimeter shooting. Keegan seemed like a seamless guy, good dude, humble, doesn't say "Being drafted by the Kings wouldn't be the worst thing" and then not meeting, or even sending his medicals.

Duren seems like the guy I want.. But then that word "potential" makes me think, "How many years do we have to wait?"

But I don't watch NCAA, but I watch every Summer League, which starts less than a week after free agency, which starts in 4-5 days! Pistons have the most money, but I only want to go big, or save it.. We have a logjam as it is, and if it's not someone who'll send a starter to the bench, probably best to wait another year. I'm not a big fan of just renting a guy for one year.

NBA 2022-23 Regular Season Starts Tonight

Does anyone watch? Any declaration, laments, expectations? I hope for more fast breaks with the new rule. I'm sick of the 3's, and all the games guys miss for "rest". But, it's my soap opera. I get more satisfaction watching my local team's pre-season game though. Lately, I DVR, maybe watch the last and final 2 minutes. I like "Inside The NBA" more than the actual game most of the time!

Let the Hornets’ quest for Wembanyama begin!!!

I hope Philly gets past the 2nd round this time.

Hey, what's that on your face...
Let the Hornets’ quest for Wembanyama begin!!!
Tank-a-thon 2022-23!!!!

I was remembering today that Chet Holmgren will be missing this entire season because of fractures in his foot. Pray that dude gets & stays healthy because Wembanyama is a similar nba unicorn.

Tank-a-thon 2022-23!!!!

I was remembering today that Chet Holmgren will be missing this entire season because of fractures in his foot. Pray that dude gets & stays healthy because Wembanyama is a similar nba unicorn.
Any of those “athletic” seven-footers staying healthy is something I’m not holding my breath on.

Chet kinda had that sickly/bad body look. Wemby looks fluid, like he was designed to be that big. Reminds me of Durant.

I remember when 7-footers were Mark Eaton and Shawn Bradley.