Tell us all about your phone

Tools    

I’ve had this $12 flip-phone forever. As long as I plug in $20 each quarter, it stays with me. I’m not a phone person, but I need a 2nd phone in case our land line goes down & takes our alarm system with it.

For at least a year I wasn’t billed at all for this flip-phone, but then Boost discovered me & now I’m paying again. Useful for receiving a text message & for emergencies, but that’s all.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
My smartphone biography.

I bought the Windows based Nokia Lumia 520 in 2014 (black panel). I've loved it...stylish etc. though at some point, I've started feeling its limited technical options offered by the newest phones.
In the mid 2020 it suddenly stopped working for some unknown reason after six years of good service.
So, then I got the Android based Nokia 2.3 (blue-greenish panel). Wow, it turned to be a superb device, I love it. Beautiful, strong battery, just everything one can need. I can listen online music (Spotify) on the beach for many hours, take good pictures etc.

on the left Lumia 520, on the right the greenish one is Nokia 2.3:

BANNED (at user request)
This came of no surprise to me, but ATT actually lied about how much they were going to charge me for my cell phone PLAN, to the tune $30 fu*king dollars.

Count me as a non-mobile phone owner. I have a landline and that's good enough. It's not like I want to talk to anyone anyway.
I still don't own a mobile phone myself, but my wife got one just in case we need to make a call.

We did it on the 'cheap'. I bought a used Google Pixel 4a that was mint condition for $100 off ebay. Then signed up for cheap phone service $8 a month, with unlimited calling and texting in 55 countries but only 2 GB of internet. We have computers so I don't need the phone for the internet....Oh I deleted Android off the phone, rooted it and installed GrapheneOS for maximum privacy & security. Doesn't get much cheaper, private and secure than that.

I recently was given a second hand iPhone 7, mostly to replace my iPod Touch that died a few months back. I'm currently using a Motorola smart phone of some sort and am waiting on a SIM card for the iPhone so I can switch the service over. I hardly ever call or text anyone and I don't use my phone to go online or play games, so the iPhone will mostly be used for listening to music.

My employer doesn't know that I have a cell phone of any kind. I still have a landline and that's the number I've given to my work. I love being unreachable when I want to be.

My employer doesn't know that I have a cell phone of any kind. I still have a landline and that's the number I've given to my work. I love being unreachable when I want to be.
This is how it should be. One’s boss should not be calling an employee out of working hours. An article in the Times recently was about freelance workers being called 24/7. Their position was we are freelance, but that doesn’t mean you can call us at all hours.

This is one of the problems these days. Employees don’t get enough rest.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Guess I’m having a midlife crisis, I decided to remove my screen protector (film).

One of the worst choices of my life. I’m consumed by smudge.

I lost my iPhone earlier this year, I bought this Motorola and it's too big, it's just too damn long, I don't know what I was thinking.

I still haven't tried the Apple phones. But I'm pleased with my Samsung. It works well, has all the needed options, a quality camera, etc. I ordered a power bank and additional charger, so I now feel more comfortable when traveling, especially if I need to work remotely.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll change my mind, but now I'm happy with Android.

Bought the cheapest decent new model smartphone I could find. Rarely do I use smartphones, and for the internet, almost never. Yet, once or twice a year, it can be useful.

A cheap Redmi Prime 9. It cost me 8K Ruppees which is 96 US dollars.

I have been using it for 3 years now. Have even accidentally smashed the screen once and got it replaced.

Has a rubbish camera, which I don't care about since I don't like taking pics.
The performance for games like Pubg at low settings is good.

Unless it shuts down, I don't intend to spend any money to buy a new one, even though this is an old series (Currently the 13 series has been launched).

This is only my third phone. I was late to using mobile phones, as I hated the idea of being accessible to everyone anytime. It was only when I was forced by my office to use one, I bought one.

My first was a Nokia X2-01, a cheap copy of Blackberry and the next was Redmi 4A.

A system of cells interlinked
Interesting...What do you mean by that?
Just venturing a guess, I would think he means he isn't on the thing constantly, like in the car or at a restaurant, etc..

I was never one to be always on my phone, but the amount of times I would sort of start to reach for it at random times for really no reason had me thinking that phones can make people fidgety and unfocused. So nowadays I either leave my phone in a different room, sort of ignoring it, or I keep it in my GoDark bag, which takes it off the grid completely, and puts an extra, sort of annoying step in to access it. I have to unstrap the bag, get the thing out, wait for it to reconnect to the grid etc. This has the affect of me just ignoring it completely. As a bonus, it can't listen to me/my conversations.

Just venturing a guess, I would think he means he isn't on the thing constantly, like in the car or at a restaurant, etc..
Yeah, you're probably right...I was just wondering if he might a privacy freak like me *Meaning I don't use either of the two most popular operating systems on my wife's phone.

I was never one to be always on my phone, but the amount of times I would sort of start to reach for it at random times for really no reason had me thinking that phones can make people fidgety and unfocused. So nowadays I either leave my phone in a different room, sort of ignoring it, or I keep it in my GoDark bag, which takes it off the grid completely, and puts an extra, sort of annoying step in to access it. I have to unstrap the bag, get the thing out, wait for it to reconnect to the grid etc. This has the affect of me just ignoring it completely. As a bonus, it can't listen to me/my conversations.
Good idea, I like that! That way you have the phone if you really need it, but aren't always tempted to have it in your hands.