4. No Idea
5. No Idea

My fav movies are as follows:

1. The Remains of the Day
2. The Matrix
3. Spider-man
4. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
5. The Shining

I own all these bad boys on VHS and DVD and I have signed DVD cases from Keanu Reeves, Jack Nicholson and Willem Dafoe.

You have Spider-Man on VHS and/or DVD? Huh?

1. Instinct
2. The Terminator
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. Star Wars
5. Seven

My mistake, My mistake!!!!!
Bootleg version.

1. Chinatown (1974)
2. Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
3. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
4. BladeRunner (1982)
5. Casablanca (1942)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
1. A Clockwork Orange
2. Hana-bi
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Eyes Wide Shut
5. Fight Club

This is always the sorts of threads i hate because as soon as i right my fav's of all time i go and see a movie that instantly gets into this catergory ok so my CURRENT top five of all time would be in no particular order:

1. The Matrix
2. Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring
3. The Fifth Element
4. Highlander (any of them)
5. Little Nicky

Whats wrong with little Nicky?, sure it hasnt got an amazing plot and a pretty bad story line but i sort of love the humour that hardly ever stops

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Lawrence of Arabia
Snatch
Pulp Fiction
Moulin Rouge
Run Lola Run
I'm not going to say a word either...

Another really good movie that i just saw a little while ago, i could of put on my list. It was Interview with the Vampire, it was a really good movie.

Great Merciful Zeus, this is a tough question to answer. Five movies that I REALLY REALLY enjoy watching and that I can think of off the top of my head are...
1. LOTR:FOTR (But of course...)
2. In and Out (Kevin Kline's scene where he's trying to get in touch with his inner man never fails to have me rolling on the floor.)
3. The Shining (I first saw it when I was 12, at 1 in the morning, and when I was alone in the house for the night with only my 4 year old brother for company...creeped me the hell out. I slept with all of the lights on that night.)
4. Jurassic Park (Ahhh...fond memories.)
5. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (This is on here simply because it is one of my favorite movie scores ever and I liked the martial arts stuff.)

If I thought about it long enough, probably most of this five would be replaced, but these are ones that I like.

The Manchurian Candidate
Young Frankenstein
The Jerk
Psycho
The Usual Suspects

What?? We are supposed to be movie lovers and no one has mentioned The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II, Rear Window, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Citizen Kane or Schindler's List?? What is wrong with this site???

I thought I would just say that before someone else did. hehehe

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Granted those movies you mentioned, firegod, are very good movies, but, personally, i dont always find the best movies to be the most enjoyable

My message was kind of tongue-in-cheek. I wanted to beat anyone to the punch who felt like telling us what uncultered slobs we are. I personaly don't think those movies I mentioned are among the best; I just realize that most big movie buffs feel that they are.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Sorry, it's sometimes difficult to pick up on tone through a message board

anyway, you're right, i think a lot of the time people are pressured into likeing what's considered sophisticated, etc