Oldboy and Battle Royale Remakes ?

Tools    

Exactly. How random can you get?? Let him stick to his period roles. Disappointed that Rooney Mara isn't going to be in it either. This was shaping up to be great, cast wise.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am hoping that is just a rumor that Rooney Mara is not up for the role anymore, I think she would have been an excellent fit for that part.

Is white trash beautiful
I can not really see why Colin Firth is any where near this remake but I do think Brolin is a good choice but I really can not see this remake being as good or even close to the original.

I mean, i'm not even as big on the original as most people, but yeah, the remake does seem a bit pointless. Like most remake, I guess. But Firth being in it is not cool at all. I love a good bit of casting against type as the next bloke, but Firth does not need to be in this. Brolin's a great choice for the lead, i've always liked that guy and Spike Lee's signature style should complement the dark material pretty well.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Why would they remake Oldboy? Terrible idea. It is fine the way it is.

Why would anyone want to remake Battle Royale? Derivative crap, that film. Terrible stuff.
Because there are a lot of people out there who cannot stomach subtitles.

No longer Colin Firth:

Sharlto Copley is the latest in a long line of iconic-accented dudes to be offered the villain role in Spike Lee’s English remake of Oldboy.

If Sharlto accepts he’ll be opposite Josh Brolin in this dark tale of revenge and… icky stuff. Sharlto made his big splash as the comedian-turned-leading-man star of District 9, the surprise sci-fi hit that led to him being cast in Joe Carnahan’s A-Team.

In this case he’d picking up a role that luminaries like Christian Bale, Clive Owen, and Colin Firth have been asked to fill. So far none of them have bit, and this choice looks like an attempt to cast the net a bit wider and go for a different kind of villainous tone- Copley has a manic, rougher edge to him than those other guys.

I think the hardest part about remaking Oldboy (havent seen Battle Royale, sitting on comp) is that the korean style of movies isn't something many americans like. Such as incest. I found the movie very humerous and I hope they dont change the undertone of that.

What makes you say that?

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Because Americans ruin almost every remake that they do, not all but almost all of them, also they wanna make money off the remake so they will change whatever they have to to make it more palatable to the average American person.
That is why I don't see them ever actually doing a Battle Royale remake because they would have to change so much that they would just be better off calling it The Hunger Games 2.

Lmao. I agree. From what my Boyfriend and his friend tell me, The Hunger Games is like a girlier spin off of Battle Royale except that Battle Royale is creepier. I am surprised that so many people have read the Hunger Games because of the fighting sequences with kids cuz it seems like so many people don't like acknowledging that.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Battle Royale was banned from being sold in the United States for years because of kids killing other kids (teenagers). Then The Hunger Games get's made with pretty much the same idea and it makes a fortune at the box office, doesn't make any sense to me.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Hunger Games is like a girlier spin off of Battle Royale except that Battle Royale is creepier.
Creepy is one of the things, but I think Bloody/Crazy Japanese Gore would be the biggest difference.

I agree that that doesn't make sense either, kids kill each other all the time regardless. It's stupid that they ban stuff like that, it's like how people say video games create more violence! Soon they will want to ban those too!

Oh yeah definitely lol, I always forget about japanese gore and how truly graphic it is. Probably cuz they are better movies when it comes to that lol. Americans need to open their minds like europe lol.