Oldboy and Battle Royale Remakes ?

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I don't know if this is right but I was told the remake of Oldboy was with Will Smith as Dae-su Oh, but this is all i could find.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1617661/

just wondering if anybody knows if this is right or completely wrong

Nic Cage and Will Smith were rumoured a few years back for the leads. I believe the American Oldboy remake is cancelled for now, and can't see Battle Royale happening anytime soon.

Oldboy has already been remade by Bollywood if interested in seeing it, it's awful.

If Oldboy is remade, i'd only condone it with Gary Oldman in the lead and Fassbender would be interesting as the captor In fact, Fassbender would be interesting in any role. Battle Royale remake would probably have 30+ actors as the students and Rob Patterson in the lead.

Will Smith would be a little awkward for the role, if US based, does that mean they are goin got be in some city like New York as well?

It's too controversial for Will Smith if they stay with the same plot.

If Oldboy is remake, i'd only condone it with Gary Oldman in the lead and Fassbender would be interesting as the capture. In fact, Fassbender would be interesting in any role.
That would be a remake I would watch, what brilliant casting choices.

Movie Forums Extra
Isn't the battle royal movie called "The Hunger Games" lol

Kind of want.

Though not really.

How close was the original Oldboy film to the manga? for those who have read it and does it have the same disturbing
WARNING: "Oldboy" spoilers below
incest twist
as the film.

This is one thing about the remake that has always been brought up, will they change it to make it less disturbing? something like this.

The Bollywood remake changed it too, terrible.

If GoT and True Blood can get away with it, maybe it won't need to? The good thing about Lee is he's not particularly a director for hire so i'd hope his involvement would include a degree of creative control. I've not got far enough in manga, nor own the last volumes to check. Try Wikipedia?

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I'm not too excited about the Oldboy remake. Why tamper with such a good thing?

Oh, and I do believe Battle Royale is being remade, it's called Hunger Games. **Obviously, I'm being sarcastic. But seriously - do some research on both novels - the similarities are startling**

I've had the first Hunger Games book on my shelf for ages, must get round to reading it.

If GoT and True Blood can get away with it, maybe it won't need to?
I don't watch either.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Honestly? I can see Spike Lee making Oldboy with Josh Brolin. It sounds so much better than any of the other rumored ideas. It doesn't matter if it needs to be remade or not, it's going to be because outside of us cinema nerds, nobody's gonna watch the original, and that's sad. At least people with some sort of artistic integrity are going to be involved. If he hadn't become a hack for hire of the highest order, Nic Cage would have been perfect for this. I mean at the top of his game? That would have been a hell of a casting choice. I could see him hacking at guys with a claw hammer.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Josh Brolin would work, he can pull off that rough look and he's a pretty built guy, so I could see him doing all the fight scenes (with cables of course).