Books that you would like to see made into a film?

Tools    

Appy-polly-loggies
I would def love to see, The Dark Elf Trilogy By R.A. Salvatore, if they can do an amazing job with Lord Of The Rings they can def do an mazing job with This!! If you havent read the serries I sudjest you do!!! A Must read

I would love to see a quality film of "A Confederacy of Dunces", "The Catcher in the Rye" (If a script can be made from the book), and possibly "The Picture of Dorian Gray".

Appy-polly-loggies
catcher in the rye??? you thought the book was that good, it wasnt bad but a movie???

Originally Posted by Conformist
catcher in the rye??? you thought the book was that good, it wasnt bad but a movie???
Yes, I thought the book was fantastic. It's a book for the ages, and many people share my view on it possibly being one of the greatest books of the last century.

I know that the plot was pretty weak, but you just have to appreciate the finely crafted narrative.

Come to think of it, the movie would not do the book justice, and we should just leave it as a book. I guess "The Graduate" and "Rebel Without a Cause" come kind of close to the idea, but not quite.

Appy-polly-loggies
Originally Posted by Travis_Bickle
Yes, I thought the book was fantastic. It's a book for the ages, and many people share my view on it possibly being one of the greatest books of the last century.

I know that the plot was pretty weak, but you just have to appreciate the finely crafted narrative.

Come to think of it, the movie would not do the book justice, and we should just leave it as a book. I guess "The Graduate" and "Rebel Without a Cause" come kind of close to the idea, but not quite.
Oh no I tottaly agree with you great character development, and amazingly well writen...... but pulling it off as a movie will take an amazing script and a really good director!

Contest, by Matt Reilly

Appy-polly-loggies
What about Choke???? I mean there isnt allot of action in it like there was in Fight Club but still an amazing book!

the Hobbit. . .I want it NOW!!!!!!!!
And found he was eating his shoe.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I agree with those of you who want a new movie based on The Hobbit. I would also like to see my favorite book From the Corner of His Eye by Dean Koontz made into a movie. Also I would love to see His Dark Materials Trilogy by Phillip Pullman. I heard a rumor that there was a movie deal going for those books. Also would love to see The Giver by Lois Lowry and American Gods by Neil Gaiman

I got for good luck my black tooth.
A movie based on Catcher in the Rye might work but because most of the story relies on Holden's narration and his way of thinking and viewing the world there would have to be a constant voiceover which would probably get old pretty fast. Either that or Holden would have to face the camera and speak directly to the audience like in Ferris Bueller's Day off which would be even less effective. However I must agree, I would like some bold innovative screenwriter to find a way to adapt Catcher into a movie because I loved the book and you'd have to give the guy credit just for making the attempt wether the film was good or not.

the 12th planet would be an insane movie its just mind blowing to think about the book very in depth theories in there

Originally Posted by Strummer521
A movie based on Catcher in the Rye...
Igby Goes Down is a pretty good revisioning of the story. Different storyline, but Igby is Holden.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
So, you're saying Holden goes down, right?

Yah, I'm that cheap.

To stay on topic though, I always wanted to see The Experiment on screen. And though no one seems to acknowledge it (as far as I have read), that's all that The Island is.

Now that's funny OG!

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Angels and Demons and Deception Point. Im a big Dan Brown Fan
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

I need to read those. I have just now gotten around to reading The Da Vinci Code. It's a pretty fun read so far.

history *is* moralizing
Everything Is Illuminated

Life of Pi

Neutral Milk Hotel
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
Everything Is Illuminated
That I believe is already being made into a film starring Elijah wood.