My Top 250 Movies

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
This one blew me away when I first saw it a couple of months back. Definitely one of the great media satires (up there with the likes of A Face in the Crowd, Network and the like).

Those are the three movies I have bunched together, the influence of the media. Those movies describe this society more than current movies do it seems.

"They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" is on YouTube for free, and it's spot-on. It's symbolic, but it's a very simple story.

Ironic how people of all beliefs point to books from the 1940s as a guide to 2022 - constantly quoting Orwell and Huxley.

Very interesting list. So many movies I haven't heard of before which I'll have to check out.

Thank you for all your comments, I appreciate them all.

Please reply back here when you see any of them. Very excited and curious to see what you (and others) would say. And maybe you'd have recommendations for me after getting a gist. Handfuls of the movies that were on my list were thanks to another user on here, creating a thread that perfectly describes what I might have been looking for, OR, something that is enticing me and makes me want to see it.. I saw one great movie just by liking the face of a woman (The Forest For The Trees) of the movie poster in the "Rate The Last Movie" thread.

Thank you for all your comments, I appreciate them all.

Please reply back here when you see any of them. Very excited and curious to see what you (and others) would say. And maybe you'd have recommendations for me after getting a gist. Handfuls of the movies that were on my list were thanks to another user on here, creating a thread that perfectly describes what I might have been looking for, OR, something that is enticing me and makes me want to see it.. I saw one great movie just by liking the face of a woman (The Forest For The Trees) of the movie poster in the "Rate The Last Movie" thread.
I have a bunch of films lined up at the moment, but I'll be sure to do it when I get the chance. In fact, I watched Le Chat fairly recently and enjoyed it quite a bit. While I think it loses a bit of steam after the
WARNING: spoilers below
cat's death
, I enjoyed what came before that quite a lot. Very interesting characters and I appreciated the non-chronological plot structure to it.

As for recommendations, I suspect you've already seen most films I could recommend, but here's a small list of my favorites: https://letterboxd.com/popcornreview...s-of-all-time/

Just uploaded a month ago... Bill Murray's first movie. First or second of Christopher Walken's. Shelley Winters, and Lenny Baker
NEXT STOP, GREENWICH VILLAGE