The Constant Required Editing (White Space)

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The amount of space, even when I don't hit ENTER. And even if I do, and backspace/delete my way so it looks presentable, the end result has such a huge white gap between paragraphs. I'll edit once, and it's still not enough. Sometimes I just give up, sometimes I'll try a third time.

I don't really follow. Can you be a little more specific? Is it too much space, too little, exactly what behavior leads to what result (compared to what expected result), et cetera.

In general, though, I can say there's a huge difference depending on which browser you're using. And that if you're copying and pasting from somewhere else with a lot of formatting, it's almost definitely dragging in a bunch of extra cruft that's messing with your post. Switching to the code tab usually reveals this, and it usually involves all sorts of empty, superfluous tags coming from the website and/or document editing program.

The amount of space, even when I don't hit ENTER. And even if I do, and backspace/delete my way so it looks presentable, the end result has such a huge white gap between paragraphs. I'll edit once, and it's still not enough. Sometimes I just give up, sometimes I'll try a third time.
If you use Firefox and when you hit enter to make a space in a post and you get a huge space then you need to adjust your preferences in Firefox

type about:config in browser address field>click 'I accept the risk'>type into the search field: editor.use_div_for_default_newlines and toggle that from true to false.

It worked for me.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't really follow. Can you be a little more specific? Is it too much space, too little, exactly what behavior leads to what result (compared to what expected result), et cetera.

In general, though, I can say there's a huge difference depending on which browser you're using. And that if you're copying and pasting from somewhere else with a lot of formatting, it's almost definitely dragging in a bunch of extra cruft that's messing with your post. Switching to the code tab usually reveals this, and it usually involves all sorts of empty, superfluous tags coming from the website and/or document editing program.

There's always more space, and I have to edit, and do some deleting.. It wasn't like this until about the last two years. I've used Mozilla on Windows, and Firefox for Linux (right now)...

It's no big deal, just saw a few others with all that space, and thought there was some quick, easy fix.. Cheers.