Have You Ever Got Sick Despite Being Isolated?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Sick as in ... sore throat, a cough, body aches, and other flu-like symptoms.

This is my 4th day of illness. A week ago, my cousin came over, who I haven't seen in over a year. Even though I avoided it at first, we later shared a joint while listening to music in his car (testing out the UBS, etc) and the only contact I had was 2 weeks before that when my parents came over.

Have you ever got sick WITHOUT coming into contact with people? Actually the last time he came over was in 2020, around this time, height of COVID... I will take a chance if it's someone I like coming over. But I wouldn't risk my health if his younger brother called me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sick as in ... sore throat, a cough, body aches, and other flu-like symptoms.

This is my 4th day of illness. A week ago, my cousin came over, who I haven't seen in over a year. Even though I avoided it at first, we later shared a joint while listening to music in his car (testing out the UBS, etc) and the only contact I had was 2 weeks before that when my parents came over.

Have you ever got sick WITHOUT coming into contact with people? Actually the last time he came over was in 2020, around this time, height of COVID... I will take a chance if it's someone I like coming over. But I wouldn't risk my health if his younger brother called me.

You mentioned that you "shared a joint while listening to music in his car". Does this mean that you were both passing the same joint back and forth while sitting inside the small space of the interior of a car?

That sounds like you were passing germs back and forth, and you were in close contact, so it's probably how you got sick.

You mentioned that you "shared a joint while listening to music in his car". Does this mean that you were both passing the same joint back and forth while sitting inside the small space of the interior of a car?

That sounds like you were passing germs back and forth, and you were in close contact, so it's probably how you got sick.

Yes, exactly.

I took a home COVID test yesterday - negative. This morning, took another one - negative. But it's been 5 days, and I feel horrible. Never doing that again.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yes, exactly.

I took a home COVID test yesterday - negative. This morning, took another one - negative. But it's been 5 days, and I feel horrible. Never doing that again.

I've read that some of the home Covid tests aren't very reliable, so if you're still feeling sick, you might want to get tested with a "real" Covid test. (Although some reports say that the rapid tests aren't very reliable either.)

I've read that some of the home Covid tests aren't very reliable, so if you're still feeling sick, you might want to get tested with a "real" Covid test. (Although some reports say that the rapid tests aren't very reliable either.)

I'm not leaving the house. If I have COVID or not, same approach. I'm not going to allow anyone to come over and catch it.

My sense of smell isn't all gone, but I couldn't even smell/taste my breath this morning. But when I threw in a lemon, ginger, honey, orange juice, pomegranate juice, and a cough drop in the blender, I could smell lemon.

My problem is that I should be in bed all day, and not just 20 minutes, and then back to the living room (laptop, music, TV).