what movie, please?

Tools    

There is a movie about a guy that seems to have ocd, but claims he does it to keep bad things from happening.
I remember in one scene he was walking as a kid, and another kid was on a bike making fun of him for not stepping on cracks. When he steps on one, the kid on the bike gets hurt. Later in life a psychologist tries to help him and tried to get him to stop doing all these different ocd things. Was a great movie, but I forget the name.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
NM

NM?

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
As good as it gets?
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Or Matchstick Men (2003)

I just searched those 2. Want them. It was like, he was forced to do these things by a Devine power. At the end, the psychologist got him to stop, but then the ocd like symptoms passed to the psychologist. Was a while back when I saw it. So it's pretty fuzzy.

I doubt this is it, but it sounds a little like a Stephen King novella called N.. I only mentioned it as a possibility because it was turned into a motion comic-y thing (which is pretty great, actually). Here it is on YouTube:

No, but I will watch this one. Thanks.

Two names pop up:

The Butterfly Effect

Donnie Darko

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
NM = Never mind. Thought it might be As Good As It Gets, realized I was wrong.