The Producer Experiment

Tools    

I'm conducting an experiment.

I want to know if you have more than one favorite movie with the same producer.

Based on your information I'm going to begin watching films, not based on it's stars or directors, but by it's producers.

No "Written, directed and produced by's" please because I've probably already seen those films.
I realize some films have more than one producer. That's OK. But I would like to know the producers(not executive or co) names that really stick out in your collections, perhaps the one that appears more than once.

One last thing, the more obscure the producer the better. The Kathleen Kennedy's and Jerry Bruckhiemer's are fine but their names are more a marketing tool than say the Barrie M. Osborne's are.
No Indie films please, just mainstream, just your favorite.

note: If you know who Barrie M. Osborne is you know what I'm looking for.

Robert Evans, the first uber-producer of the post-Studio System era. Some of the flicks Bob Evans produced (some while also head of Paramount - he had a special clause in his contract that would allow him to also produce films while still Studio chief)...

Chinatown (1974)
Marathon Man (1976)
Black Sunday (1977)
The Cotton Club (1984)
The Two Jakes (1990)

There's a terrific autobiography called The Kid Stays in the Picture which recounts Evans' storied career, both fascinating and amusing. Recently turned into a solid documentary of the same title.

Barbara DeFina has produced all of Marty Scorsese's pictures since The Color of Money, as well as...

Mad Dog & Glory (1993)
The Grifters (1990)
The Hi-Lo Country (1998)
You Can Count on Me (2000)

Steve Golin, founding partner of Propoganda Films, has produced...

Kill Me Again (1989)
Wild at Heart (1990)
Red Rock West (1992)
Kalifornia (1993)
The Game (1997)
Your Friends & Neighbors (1998)
Being John Malkovich (1999)
Nurse Betty (2000)

Enjoy.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Get off my island
I never remember producers names. They don't get the recognition they deserve.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!