Tuck... Everlasting

Tools    

Anyone else looking forward to this film or am I just a... well...."Fr3aK"?

I dont know if I want to see it for storyline or because I am seriously missing Jonathon Jackson (he used to be Lucky on General Hospital....) anyway... opinions?

The Trailer

Ah yes the fountain of youth.

I love Hurt, so I'll end up seeing it...not to mention Sissy Spacek.

BTW...

What IS that rabbit doing to the globe??

Now, why does Chris call you Bunny?

On topic:

Was this story based on a book? I thought it was as I remember a book about this sometime in my past (or I think I do).

Originally posted by Toose
Now, why does Chris call you Bunny?
Because that's her name. Kooky, eh?

Was this story based on a book? I thought it was as I remember a book about this sometime in my past (or I think I do).
I'm 90% sure that I heard that it was.

Tuck Everlasting is another adaptation of the novel by Natelie Babbitt. It was first done in the early 80's I think,

Nevermind all the award winning actors/actresses that are in it, it has Jonathon Jackson!

and yes, unfortunately my curse... err.. umm... name REALLY is Bunny, as if fthat werent enough my maiden name is Brown.
Yes, Bunny Brown. now take that attrosity as it is, and combine it with such great experiances as : the first day of school when the teachers read your name backwards ie last name first... and there you have the HELL that was my youth. and also the reason I have a BUNNY as my avatar. I would like a freaky rabbit head with film reels for eyes, but since no-one else would have need for such, and I quite frankly am too lazy for it to materialize, the HUMPING Bunny will have to do

Ah

So sorry...didn't realize that. Your story reminds me of my freshman history professor in college. This dude was off the charts. He would do lectures on the French revolution and go into VIVID detail about torture, mutilation, and foaming at the mouth while doing it.

Anyways, his name was John and he always hated it as it was such a common name. When he had kids he named his son "Igor Blue" and his daughter "Hortencia" so that their names would be uncommon.

In mannerism he was exactly like Snape in Harry Potter. He'd come storming into the room 15 minutes late and say "Thank you for....... (a full five minutes elapses here).... waiting"

Anyways.... not saying your folks are psycho like Mr. E (mystery )... just comforting you in the knowledge that others have suffered the same fate.

( I actually like it... it's different in a cool way).

On topic:

I'm gonna pick up the book... I think my daughter would dig it.

I'm gonna pick up the book... I think my daughter would dig it.
I am too I think. Not neccessarily for reading content but.. umm.. I love "Lucky" I mean Jonathon Jackson, and so I must buy the book, and more then likely the dvd. As I did with Deep End Of The Ocean.

at amazon

Originally posted by FiLm Fr3aK

I am too I think. Not neccessarily for reading content but.. umm.. I love "Lucky" I mean Jonathon Jackson, and so I must buy the book, and more then likely the dvd. As I did with Deep End Of The Ocean.

at amazon
Shameless....
And you call me a perv you soap star humping harlot!

(j/k, of course)

Shameless....
And you call me a perv you soap star humping harlot!
(j/k, of course)
no kidding needed.. I would surely hump many a soap star should the oppurtunity arrise (sorry it just FIT so perfectly there). Though I feel Lucky is.. damn.. Jonathon Jackson is a few years too young for me. I love him though because he was Lucky for a long time... in fact he was the only LUCKY until they changed over to this guy from the Young and the Restless anyways. He grew up with us/before our eyes on GH. And I sure miss him.

Other than the title of the movie sounding like a perpetual hemorrhoidal treatment, I'll likely go check it out.

Sissy Spacek. Supernatural drama. The director of "My Dog Skip"?

What's not to look forward to?

Originally posted by reporter66
a perpetual hemorrhoidal treatment, I'll likely go check it out.

oh stop..

Originally posted by FiLm Fr3aK
arrise (sorry it just FIT so perfectly there).
Pun intended?

I used to watch GH when I was in college... we had these huge TV rooms with one or another going on. We all scheduled our classes around GH and One Life to live. I saw that one dude from GH in Panic Room... I think his name was "Duke" in GH, he was the real estate agent in Panic Room.

Anyways, I'm with you R66... nothing not to love about it.

Yea, Ian Buchanan, not to active in the whole film aspect of his career lots of tv appearances though. God knows I cried when he died... BOTH TIMES!

Back to Lucky... Jonathan was nominated for six Daytime Emmys and has won three of them for his portrayal of Lucky Spencer. Jonathan left "General Hospital" to focus on his movie career.

and OMG! according to IMDb he is older then ME!
Holey SHIKEY's..... add another one on the want list for the humping harlot!... LOL..

yes pun was intended. :wink:

Yes Buchanan...

He certainly has the charisma to carry a major role... I always liked him. He's ultra cool or something...like a modern day Ricky Ricardo.

Holy Shikeys indeed!

Yoda, the bunny is getting excitable... I'm scared.

Speaking of William Hurt... Am I the only "Altered States" lover in the world?

Am I the only "Altered States" lover in the world?
what is this film you speak of?... shall I rent it?

Well..

It's a 70's technology thriller (I think made in the early 80's) about a scientist who harnesses the power of his mind (in a dreamlike state) and ends up altering his body in the process...

I loved it.. but few others did...