help with title please!!

Tools    

I'm not a noob, I'm a newbie!
first i apologize for my crappy english!!!

so, I need to know the name of this movie, I only remember two things, but they're not very clear to me

I think in one scene, there's a old guy in an observatory, and something happens bla bla and he walks outside, and the sky is red, a meteor or something is coming towards him? and possible his wife or something like that is there with him... there's at least a red sky/red light.

And another scene is possible two planes of something else, that have crashed into the jungle. the inhabitants (like.. djunglepeople.. I dunno what they're called) there had looked up into the sky and they saw these .. things.. come flying and crashing...

I might have things completely mixed up but what if I haven't!!

I think it's a disaster movie of some kind.
it's not a old movie, maybe from the 90's or maybe 2000-2005..

hopefully someone got a clue? I neeed to know the name of this movie, drives me insane not knowing wich one it is..

Is it possibly Deep Impact? The scientist in the observatory finding the astroid, then the red sky when the first one hits...then the kids running into the forest when the smaller ones hit?

Bryan Singer for Superman.
Hhmm i thought the movie might have been Asteroid which was released in 1997 as a telemovie, but i'm perty sure the person at the observatory in it was a female. I'll keep searching for you, i have a great collection of disaster movies.

Semper Fooey
It sounds a bit like The Day of the Triffids, but I suppose you would remember most everyone in the world going blind and walking man eating plants.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yep, UF. There are no "jungle people" unless you mean Zarkov and his assistant, but there are the red sky (hot hail), and the crashing airplane.

After Part 1, a link shows for Part 2 if you need to verify.

In flash gordon there are men with wings

I can only come up with the following suggestions:

Independence Day
War of the Worlds
Mars Attacks! (what a classic)
Galaxy Quest (love it)
Armageddon
But more likely it might be Meteor (a 2009 NBC miniseries, not to be confused with the 1979 movie).

Other than that, I would have to start looking at other disaster movies like Volcano, Dante's Peak, and The Day After Tomorrow.

I'm not a noob, I'm a newbie!
Meteor is too new, it's not independence day, armageddon, The day after tomorrow or Volcano, i can't remember War of the worlds but I don't think it's the one, but I will watch it just in case, and the other two. Thanks