R.I.P. Patrick Swayze

Tools    

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28582715/?gt1=43001

Patrick Swayze has died after a nearly two-year battle with pancreatic cancer.
Swayze’s publicist Annett Wolf says the 57-year-old “Dirty Dancing” actor died Monday with family at his side. He came forward about his illness last spring, but continued working as he underwent treatments.
It was 1987 when Swayze became a star with his performance in “Dirty Dancing,” a coming-of-age story set in a Catskills resort. The 1990 film“Ghost” cemented his status as a screen favorite.

Swayze played a murdered man trying to communicate with his fiancee through a spirit played by Whoopi Goldberg.
He kept on working even after it was disclosed in March 2008 that he had a particularly deadly form of cancer. He starred in “The Beast,” an A&E drama series, and said he and his wife were working on a memoir.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

He put up a good fight. I'm not really ready to go into what I think of Swayze, but I never have been one to dis his "chick flicks", even the one starring the Devil (that's for honeykid). He was the maturity which held The Outsiders together and of course, he helped to turn Point Break and to a much lesser extent (at least for me), Road House into cult classics. He seemed to be an actor, at least in his heyday, who found his niche and was comfortable in it. I'm not sure what else better you can say about an unpretentious actor with no delusions of grandeur. R.I.P.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Sad year for deaths. Every year is, but this one is getting to me.

R.I.P

Suspect's Reviews

Imagine Point Break without Patrick Swayze in it. It would have been just Busey and Keanu. LOL! Actually that would change the whole tune of the film.

Imagine Dirty Dancing without Swayzes dancing. Hell I remember him well in The Outsiders even and though that movie was chock full of talent. Ghost was good, and he and Whoopi made that movie huge. Wong Foo - Swayze pulled it off again.

One of those stars I always wondered why they were never bigger. Never heard a bad thing about him. Now why doesnt stuff like this happen to the a-holes in the biz?!

RIP Patrick Swayze. Your films today are played more than John Waynes. Im just sure Dirty Dancings on right now in fact.

Sigh... God damn it. This year is kind of starting to really blow.

F***! I'm upset, maybe I'll come back here later when I can form a coherent thought. Many of you know how much I love Dirty Dancing so yeah, this really sucks.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Oh Patrick I was so in love with you, starting when I was 10 years old and saw Dirty Dancing for the first time.

I remember I was in grade 5 and it was my best friends birthday slumber party. All the adults had gone to bed and we sneaked on Dirty Dancing, an AO (Adults Only) movie. We felt naughty enough, and then Johnny walked on the screen. Oh. My. God. we were in love.

I was hooked from then on. I must have watched that movie every day after school for months on end. Even my parents know all the words to that movie because of me. I had the soundtrack on cassette and would dance around wearing my walkman, trying my best to mimic the dance moves. To this day I still know every word.

When I think of my childhood I think of Patrick Swayze. You were amazing, You are a god, You were my first love *smile*

You will be missed, but now you can dance again.

z.
xxoo

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

The very first thing I remember seeing him in was Red Dawn when I was just a kid... and I've loved him ever since... I remember him in the mini series The North and the South... and always had a soft spot for not only Dirty Dancing and Point Break... but Road House as well...

He was definitely a fighter... may he rest in peace and may they find a cure for this damn disease...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Patrick is gone and Whoopi can't communicate for him.

He was a great actor, even if he was only in a few movies. He never really tried to be the next big thing. He will be missed.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Dude was a fighter. R.I.P. man
No, I mean this really sucks. Everyone knows how much I love Point Break right? The movie's amazingly retarded. Will have to watch again tonight.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Lennon, Yes I coincidently purchased Point Break only recently. It was brilliant to watch again after such a long time. I myself am going to watch Dirty Dancing this afternoon.

Lennon, Yes I coincidently purchased Point Break only recently. It was brilliant to watch again after such a long time. I myself am going to watch Dirty Dancing this afternoon.
I just watched Dirty Dancing the other day... so I think I'm going to start The North and the South... it's been years since I last watched it...

It has already been said, but this year really blows. From M.J. to Farrah and everyone else my childhood has been delt a blow in 2009. RIP Pat, and if I had to guess you will not be resting but having a reat time wherever you are.

My life isn't written very well.
I think after Ghost he was in the cult classic about the bar room bouncer...the name escapes me right now--I never saw it, but people really liked it...

r66-The member who always asks WHY?