Movie Library

Tools    

I found nine more DVDs that I hadn't accounted for: that's 775 at present, not counting what I'm planning on buying or already have on order for the next couple weeks. Sadly, I'll probably hit 800 by mid-November...easy.

Some may call it a problem, but I'm trying to think of it as an alternative lifestyle.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I just think you need more friends, or a girlfriend...
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

All my friends, including gal pals, like movies too. That's why they're my friends, dig?

And as far as romance goes, I tend to choose low-maintenance gals who don't require I spend loads of money on them, which always, always, always leaves plenty of scratch for movies. I don't have as much time (or certainly the inclination) to watch 'em as often, that's true, but that doesn't stop me from still buying them en masse.

But as far as your vices go, I don't think an embarassingly large movie collection rates real high. Does it?

But as far as your vices go, I don't think an embarassingly large movie collection rates real high.
As opposed to, say, smoking crack? No. But I think you're probably spending the same amount of cash.

I'd buy more movies, myself, if I had the dough, but my girlfriends, they expect the lobster dinners and the diamond necklaces...

Originally posted by Holden Pike
All my friends, including gal pals, like movies too. That's why they're my friends, dig?

And as far as romance goes, I tend to choose low-maintenance gals who don't require I spend loads of money on them, which always, always, always leaves plenty of scratch for movies. I don't have as much time (or certainly the inclination) to watch 'em as often, that's true, but that doesn't stop me from still buying them en masse.

But as far as your vices go, I don't think an embarassingly large movie collection rates real high. Does it?
OOoooohhh..."rowr""hssttt""phtt"...good point, luckily for me I was just messin' around...

Actually, I would have spent a lot LESS cash on hard drugs had I started that habit at the same time. With drugs I would have either burned-out and gone to rehab or been long dead by now. Either way, relatively cheap and not a very long haul. Believe me, I've thought about this.

A collection, on the other hand, is the addiction that just keeps on giving....and taking up so much damned space too. At least DVDs are physically smaller than LDs. But then they're also cheaper, so they accumulate faster.

And then when you add in my hundreds of CDs and my hundreds of books and my thousands of comic books - I'm bursting at the rafters here, people!

I'm sorry. I just realized that Holden used the phrase "gal pal" earlier.

Sh*t, now I've got the giggles. Okay. Stopping now. I am sorry, Holds. It just struck me funny.

Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
I'm sorry. I just realized that Holden used the phrase "gal pal."

Can "snazzy" and "spiffy" be all that far behind? Time will tell.

Originally posted by Holden Pike
Sometimes the Daily Variety headliner in me wee noggin' spews forth:
GAL PAL NIX PIX FIX
Please, God, let that be a real headline. It's too good.

Yes. Let the voices know I approve. Although, depending on how many channels you have to go through, it'll end up like the message in a Telephone game, saying something like, "Harry goes to the Louvre."

Yes, it's late. And, yes, I'm tired. That's my only excuse.

Gee Whiz Holden, I was just teasin', now I feel all bad inside, wheres my knife...you mofers...ARGHHHH

Slaytan - Did you somehow get the impression that I'm irked about something?

Well, I ain't.

I wonder if I'll find a couple more DVDs under my pillow or in the refrigerator or some such nonsense? Perhaps my collection has grown to the size where it has become a living organism, a mutating mass, a moveable feast, a mysterious humming monolith, and as such it can't possibly be accurately counted by crude human means?

Anyway, there's lots and lots and lots of 'em.

Now you're just bragging.

No, when I say my DVD collection rests at 775 titles but swells to 1,050 when it's standing at full attention "in the mood" when some gal pal is picking my flix, now THAT is bragging.

OK, think I need a little lie-down now, a little nappy-poo.

*URP*

Um. Yes.

My parents are going to give me $15 a week to maintain sanitary living conditions, which is good; I can get a DVD every fortnight if I am so inclined. Which I may be yet. It depends. I can use the allowance for DVDs and everything else I have as income going straight to film school. I had a huge pro-NYFA day today, which was an interesting change...

Holden Pike must be like the king of this thread considering how many DVD's he owns.

But the real challenge is who owns the least?

My collection has 25!

anyone?...