Drive-in Missed Daily

Tools    

Who among you remembers drive-in movies?

My parents used to take me to drive-in's.
I can remember watching "Phantasm" and "Madman" through the misty windshield of our Olds. My dad would turn on the air-conditioner and in a few minutes the foggy windshield would clear .
I remember a clunky metal speaker hanging over the window, screeching out the soundtrack. It had two settings: muffled and loudly muffled. It was horrible, but fun at the same time.

Horror films were the best to watch at drive-in's because as you sat there you weren't sure who, or what was in the car behind you.
It felt like you were vulnerable somehow, being in the dark outside, under the moon.

Does anyone have a drive-in story to tell?
Any favorite drive-in movies?

When I was in my early teens, my best friend and I went to a drive-in with his ex sister in-law and her current boyfriend. It was a double feature of Ghostbusters and The Karate Kid. We were passing the joints around and having a good time, until Jennifer got really angry at her boyfriend. She was wearing these old fashioned wooden clogs, until she took them off and started beating her beau on and around the face with them. Robert and I just laughed and laughed...To this day, I have no idea what could have possesed her.

When I was a mere wee one (9), my Aunt Carol took me to see Candleshoe with Jodie Foster. She was 15 at the time, but only looked 12.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Movies I remember seeing in the Drive-in:

Star Wars
The Great Muppet Caper
The Great Mouse Detective, with a Mickey Mouse cartoon about cleaning Big Ben. Funny stuff....
Piles of Disney features that I don't remember the titles anymore...(I think one of them was 101 Dalmations, and one was the Rescuers, but I'm no longer positive. I was a kid...)

I passed by a drive-in a few days ago and saw 5 seconds of The Bourne Identity...

There is still one in my local area, but I do not have a car to take to it....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The Fat of the Mailbox
I have a drive in where I live in Victor ID (thats where a lot of the drive ins still linger). The sound quality is pretty crappy (its broadcasted on the radio) but its cheap, even the food. Under 20 bucks for 2 movies and two meals for two people. I've only been there once and Austin Powers III and The minority report were playing.