What's the Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Through my entire 19 year old life theres only three films i can ever recall making me scream and cry like a baby.

The first was "Poltergeist". The bit where the guy freaks out and rips his face off in the mirror and all his food starts dancin round the kitchen with maggots? Mega gross and just horrid. Also the bit where the mum (cant remember her name) falls in the unfinished swimming pool and has a swim with the rotting skeletons. Is it number one where the tree tries to eat the kids? that freaked me out.
The 2nd is John Caprenters "The Thing" The Kurt Russell one not the original. Not really horror, more Sci-Fi, but still had the same affect. I remember seein it in a bar in spain whilst on Hols with my mum and dad and i just started screaming! The bit where that guy has a heart attack and as the Doc is doin those electric pads on him, his chest just opens up and eats his arms! the the guys head then grows legs and walks away! GROSS! The monster makes really creepy noises as well.
And the 3rd is Steven Kings "Silver Bullet". I can only remember bits of this film. I just remember a really creepy bit with a kid walking down some stairs and you can see the werewolfs eyes shining in the dark. eeeeeewwwwww, that was spooky.

I will agree with some of the other peeps on here that Blaire Witch has more or less ended my camping adventures but it was a bit disspaointing. The excorsist freaks me out but doesnt scare me. i just get embaressed by the things Linda Blaire shouts out. There is another film i remember being scary. It might be called "Wax Works" Somethin about a wax work museum where the exhibits come alive? Theres also a creepy midget guy in it. Anyone remember it?

Originally posted by blibblobblib
Also the bit where the mum (cant remember her name)
That was JoBeth Williams, she used to be my favorite actress. Good Post!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

thanx Slayton. what happend to her? i only ever saw her in the first two Poltergeists. I think shes an awsome actress in them. especially the first one. The bit wear she rolls across the ceiling in her knickers......strangely erotic

JoBeth Williams was one of the thirtysomethings reuniting for their friend's funeral in The Big Chill (1983), she was Ted Kramer's office-fling in Kramer vs. Kramer (1979), she fought the system with Nick Nolte in Teachers (1984), she romances Gene Wilder's jailbird in Stir Crazy (1980), she was Reggie Love - the character Susan Sarandon played in the movie - in the short-lived TV series version of Grisham's "The Client" (1995), she played John Walsh's wife Reve in the made-for-TV "Adam" (1983), and she survived a nuclear attack in the historic TV project "The Day After" (1983).

Those are some of her non-Poltergeist career highlights. But her best starring role is in the charming American Dreamer (1984) where she plays a repressed housewife who wins a trip to Europe and, after a bump on the head, believes herself to be a female superspy that she knows from a series of paperback novels.

BTW, you'll want to check out Kramer vs. Kramer 'cause JoBeth is nekkid' in that one. And I've always had a major crush on her too.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

m24
I'll have to go with either "the thing" or "the shining", rob bottins creature with the weird merged faces creeped me out for years when i was younger, its a superb film.The shining was just so dark and creepy,it had none of the modern wink at the camera kind of comedy to ease the audiences in between frights.Both these films also had superb soundtracks which is very important for horror films imo, with the exception of the blair witch project,that was a great film too.

the freakiest movies i've ever seen are

The Cell
What Lies Beneath
and the gift

but by far it was IT

zombies are the most terrifying things ever thought up by the human mind, and I would have to say that the most scary movie I have ever seen is Return of The Living Dead. The reason I put it over Night of The Living dead is because the zombies in Return are ten times harder to kill.

-Dr. Loomis- Halloween

Originally posted by Holden Pike
BTW, you'll want to check out Kramer vs. Kramer 'cause JoBeth is nekkid' in that one. And I've always had a major crush on her too.
She shows her upper half in Teachers too. Not a very good movie though. I totally agree with blibblobblib, I saw Poltergiest in the theater when I was a teen, and I always loved that panty's on the ceiling scene. I thought her grey streak at the end was sexy too.

Seraph of the Void
When I was a kid it was easy for a movie to scare me..heck I saw 2001 a space oddessy at 5 and I didn't understand it. so when he experiences time as and old man and the starchild I was terrified. Oddly enough certain movies that I thought would scare me as I got older and learned to sneak into the living room late at night. ya see ((Ptoooie)) we had cable even then. um...oh yeah they didn't scare me. Like Jaws, or the Exorcist. But one of the first movies to freak me out was Alien. I think I was 11 or 12. Then Suspiria got to me, and the Thing (which i also thought was very cool).

As I have gotten older I now look to find a movie that will scare me and I am consistently disappointed every time.

Blair witch was interesting but not scary.

I recently tried Signs...but that failed as well...and dont even get me started on the inconsistencies of that movie.

I find them neat to watch but I don't lose sleep over them.

Perhaps it is because I have a sick and twisted mind. I know they can do better.

Oh and the Handsome guy from the mummy I & II is 6'2" 32 yr old Oded Fehr, an Isreli by birth and married to Rhonda Tollefson who was the producer of Finding Forrester.
"When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"

i havnt seen SIGNS yet, i hope its not as bad as everyones saying us brits dont get it till the end of this month i think. But thanx you guys for those JoBeth williams films. ill have to look those up. and Lord Slayton, your not wrong about that grey stripe.....gave her a more matured look...like a good cheese. ......not that she looks like cheese though....coz she doesnt........ill shut up.

The Others wasn't scary... it was uncomfortable and spooky in a way that many horror films miss.

I'm adding it to my list out of respect for a film done well.

I don't think it's all that scary upon repeat viewings...but when those footsteps came crashing down on the wood floor and SOMETHING pulled at this curtains...it totally freaked me out.

Imax Rulez
I have not seen any scary movie in years, but when i was young my parents took me to watch 'EXORCIST'. I had nightmares that whole week...

I'm 34 now and i don't watch any scary movies becuz none of them scares me anymore......and i find them just plain dumb, stupid scary movies..

http://www.chatarea.com/imax

The Entity

This film is freaky! It's supposed to be based on a true story. I know I lived in fear for weeks after I saw it.

(I think this was my first thread, it's still going )

"Jaws" has pretty much kept me out of the ocean for nearly 30 years.

Since I live in Southern California where nice beaches are abundant, I don't think I'll ever forgive Mr. Spielberg.

I purchased "The Exorcist - The version you've never seen" on DVD last week. There is a scene:

WARNING: "The Exorcist" spoilers below
Where Regan walks backwards on all 4's down the stairs and barfs a mouthful of blood...

that literally sent shivers down my spine. This version also includes some cheap tricks that weren't there before but I'll forgive those.. this film is still WAY scary and it's withstood the test of time.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I bought the japanese "Ring" and especially the end scared the **** out of me. For the first time since I was little I was afraid to be alone in my apartment. (Well, I didn't have an apartment when I was little but you know what I mean.... )

surely the scariest film ever created in hte world, is the original animated "Watership Down"

ARRRGGHHHhhhhhh
so dark for a kids film... so so dark

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by reporter66
"Jaws" has pretty much kept me out of the ocean for nearly 30 years.

Since I live in Southern California where nice beaches are abundant, I don't think I'll ever forgive Mr. Spielberg.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm on the east coast so I only get to the beach once a year. When I do it's stricking for sitting on and the other various beach like activites.

The 1960 version of Psycho will also be forever etched in my mind.

Ever since Jaws, Psycho and also Dressed to Kill........I try to avoid scary movies. I just can't take them. Suspense yes.....goury and could be real type of scary no.

The Entity and The Exorcist top my list as the scariest… they both freaked me out because they were supposed to be based on a true story… Predator gave me the creeps after I thought about it because of the not knowing if there could really be something like that out there…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)