A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

You convinced me to go to the Multiplex for the first time since 2020, and I'm glad I did. Good stuff. Glad I avoided trailers beforehand.
Huzzah!!! What a film to return to!

How did your audience react or was it mostly empty?

Dude, I like The Boondock Saints. This is a judgment free zone.

Right, guys?

Raises hand.

I guess I like The Avengers. No, not the superhero extravaganza.

The spy dramedy with Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman. The scenery chewing with Sean Connery is delectable.

Also, Bubble Boy. Although I swear I was going to be the one person that placed it on the comedy list. *shrugs*

I have no guilty pleasures. All of my pleasures are fully exonerated by virtue of my enjoyment.

It was mostly empty ( by design; I'm not ready to rub elbows with the unwashed masses just yet.)

But there was a row of teens in front of me losing their minds, so that was fun. I'm sure this is a blast with a full crowd.

I have more to say but I can't do spoiler text on my phone

Victim of The Night
This is MKS watching a movie:

Having no idea what that was, why does being innocent get you fed to robot-sharks?

Having no idea what that was, why does being innocent get you fed to robot-sharks?
Robot sharks gotta eat.

I see you haven't seen Orson Welles' penultimate performance.

Sounds like somebody's never felt the touch.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer

Philistine! Mock the non-believer!

MOCK HIM!

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

So, whenever people talk about the greatest movies of all time, and they say something like Star Wars or Indiana Jones, they often cite just how much they watched it as a little kid and crazy they were about it, it always makes me think how, for me, that was Transformers: The Movie, and then think, "maybe people shouldn't use their tastes as children to guide their assessments as adults."

Or, maybe, if you don't have Transformers: The Movie in your top 5 of all time, you're an artsy-hipster-snob.

Cool cold open for a children's cartoon movie though.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
So, whenever people talk about the greatest movies of all time, and they say something like Star Wars or Indiana Jones, they often cite just how much they watched it as a little kid and crazy they were about it, it always makes me think how, for me, that was Transformers: The Movie, and then think, "maybe people shouldn't use their tastes as children to guide their assessments as adults."

Or, maybe, if you don't have Transformers: The Movie in your top 5 of all time, you're an artsy-hipster-snob.

Cool cold open for a children's cartoon movie though.

Victim of The Night
Ya know, I was just a couple/few years too old for Transformers.

I grew up with Beast Wars in the ‘90s and only got to the Transformers movie as a teenager when YTV played it (they followed up with the G.I.Joe movie the subsequent week). It’s a lot better than a movie made to sell children’s toys has any right to be, and takes at least one risky artistic decision that probably made all the little kids in the theatre cry. Which is the true sign of artistic integrity (making children cry).