Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Lord High Filmquisitor
The beginning is apparently supposed to be a remake of the original, which I thought was totally pointless.
As I recall, Raimi somehow lost the rights to the original and had to include these new scenes to avoid copyrite infringement on his own film.

The Shining, The Exorcist, and Halloween just to name a few.
That's because there are only a few out of thousands. I was saying generally, actually more often than not, acting in horror movies suck.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
lol, good rebuttal. You can DM me when you have something to back it up.
So I expect to not be hearing from you
I mean, it's pretty clear that it's not a constructive argument with you. I provided a response that was polite (aside from one snide remark) and thought out and your first response is a condescending attempt to avoid confronting my opinion by implicitly labeling me as pretentious. In addition to that, you never really addressed the point I was making about your statement, and I don't think everything can be reduced down to enjoyment and not enjoyment. Placing experience into binaries is not any kind of constructive way of viewing experience, especially if approaching a film from a critical standpoint, as I often try to.

High Tension.

Really does live up to its title and I was defiantly captured by it and couldn't take my eyes of the screen most of the time. I love horror movies with a lot of tension and that was mostly what made this movie good. The gore was okay, some scenes bette than others, but it's not something I love in a horror movie.

BUT the big ending. Wow, that ruined the entire movie for me, almost completely. When you pull off something like that it has to make sense when you go back in the movie and think of all the different scenes troughout. Here, it didn't. At all. A freaking lazy last minute twist and it's truly a shame... Could've been great, but honestly it's hard to rate this, since the ending kind of IS the whole movie, so all the good parts pretty much disappears even if they were awesome in the first place.

hmmm not agree but I respect your opinion I find the ending great.

thekgproject-

Evil Dead 2 is probably one of the best funny horror of all-time I completely love it and Bruce Campbell rock

This.

I just finished watching The Double, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a quirky comedy, and nothing more, but I was completely wrong. Richard Ayoade has created a magnificent, and yet horrifying world in The Double. The setting is truly amazing in The Double, and the mood and atmosphere is almost at a David Lynch level. Acting is amazing from all around, and I really enjoyed watching Jesse Eisenberg throughout this film. One thing that I really blew me away was the camerawork and lighting in this film. The lighting is perfect, and shows just the right amount without giving too much away. I cannot properly express in words how great the camerawork and visuals are in this film. Moving on to music. The music is fantastic in this. 'Nuff said. I'm sorry I haven't written a more thorough review, it's just that this film really blew me away and I completely loved it and enjoyed it so much that it's hard to concentrate on writing a good review when I'm this excited about a film. I am still thinking about it, and probably will continue thinking about it for quite some time. I absolutely loved The Double. It is an entertaining, and dark masterpiece that makes you think. Watch. This. Film. It's on Netflix.

Fire walk with me.

A good movie, although some pretty big plot holes.

Amazing film from a director of my own province. Thrilling, well executed and emotional.

Army of Darkness

How much ammo does a double barrel shotgun hold?
Well Cricket, unfortunately you were right. Definitely the weakest of the trilogy, but not by much. I felt like this knew what it wanted to be (maybe more than the second). But it still didn't exactly work. Tons of flaws here, but I don't want to break all those down. The action is great. And it's what saves this movie from getting a lower score from me. It's cheesy which I know was intentional, but it has to deliver on that.
and I believe you're right Arcanis. Even so, I didn't feel the need for that scene in the movie. Too often Directors treat the audience like a bunch of idiots and the movie suffers from it.

Army of Darkness

It's cheesy which I know was intentional, but it has to deliver on that. Too often Directors treat the audience like a bunch of idiots and the movie suffers from it.
Army of Darkness delivers on the cheese factor and then some. Weakest of the trilogy? Try best of the trilogy. Funny as hell, infinitely quotable, and a far more entertaining experience than the low budget crap fest that was The Evil Dead.

movie for me. But I guess maybe I'm just an idiot.

Used to wear horror shirts, one of them that I wore all the time was an Army of Darkness shirt. Just saying. Love that movie.

hmmm not agree but I respect your opinion I find the ending great.
I wont bash your opinion, obviously, but I really wanna know why you find the ending great. Because it really must've shocked you so much that you forgot about the logic. there's SO many scenes that doesn't make sense if the ending should be believable... And if you choose to still believe it then it's overly complicated and a bad try at a twist since they didn't even try to clevery wave the plot into the movie throughout, and all the tension is pretty much gone unless you really really try hard to just go with it.

But that's just my opinion, I would love to hear why you find the ending great though!

In Cold Blood (1967)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Unregistered User

Talk to Her (2002)

For me it's on a par with Bad Education but better than Volver and All About my Mother. Overall i'm not really that into Almodovar.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Sex Tape (2014)

Well, sometimes you just need to know what's bad to better enjoy what's good! i was tired and I needed a popcorn movie, but this is specially bad! It had the potential to some good jokes but it's not funny at all! Goshhh... If it was not for the incredible sexyness of Cameron Diaz my rating would be even worse!

2/10

Totally forgot to rate this one yesterday. On the other hand it would have been a weird combo-post with High Tension as its companion piece!

The Prince of Egypt.

So, I watched this like 13 years ago in school when the teachers tried to find material about religion kids would enjoy. And it still holds up. Honestly, this is also still a great adaption of Exodus imo and it stays true enough to its source while still creating a great time for kids and enough space for creative freedom. Anyways, the funny thing is I still really love this movie to this day. Near flawless animation and it's absolutely beautiful to look at! Really gave Disney some competition back then! The story is told in a way that isn't too childish but still give children enough to create a balance.

The voice actors are obviously amazing since the star cast is freaking huge! And the soundtrack is great with a lot of songs that I really enjoyed and only few I kind of disliked. But the question is really = why the hell does this only have a 6.9/10 on IMDb? I can only think of two groups that gave this a bad reputation:
1. All the overly religious people thinking the story is an insult to the actual biblical tale of Moses (which it is not imo).
2. All the employees working at Disney.

But anyways, I enjoyed the f*** out of this film, and I'm glad I gave it a re-watch!

Army of Darkness delivers on the cheese factor and then some. Weakest of the trilogy? Try best of the trilogy. Funny as hell, infinitely quotable, and a far more entertaining experience than the low budget crap fest that was The Evil Dead.

movie for me. But I guess maybe I'm just an idiot.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! It seems our opinions are opposite

22 Jump Street (2014)

I gotta admit I wasn't sure about this one till the credits rolled. That's because in many ways, this isn't your typical sequel, although it may not be immediately obvious. 21 Jump Street was about loser cops busting drug lords. 22 Jump Street is about loser cops busting drug lords. 21 was about the bromance of the main characters. 22 - the same.

After all, what could they have done? How many creative story ideas can one come up with considering the setup? Well, probably quite a few if they'd tried. The writers of this movie didn't try to do that. The only difference between this and the first movie is that now the main characters go to college.

However, there is something unusual about this flick. Unlike the first movie which was fairly realistic (that is for Hollywood comedy standards) and had some 4th wall jokes, the sequel is all about the 4th wall, and doesn't seem to care at all about maintaining the illusion.

22 Jump Street is pretty much self-aware. The movie literally tells the audience not to take it seriously and then goes on to make fun of itself (primary of the very fact that a sequel for 21 Jump Street is a ridiculous idea). The story becomes just a vehicle for that kind of jokes to happen. That's why it can remain pretty much the same. It doesn't matter.

I wasn't sure how to feel about this at first. Initially, it felt like they went too far. I wasn't sure whether I'm watching a movie or... Yeah, exactly; or what?

Eventually, I realized that 22 Jump Street is a pretty rare and unique experience. Most importantly, though, it's quite fun once you accept it for whatever it is.

Chappie doesn't like the real world

Talk to Her (2002)

For me it's on a par with Bad Education but better than Volver and All About my Mother. Overall i'm not really that into Almodovar.

I'm a big Almodovar fan and that's my favorite of his. Of those movies you listed I'd grade them like this:

Talk to Her A+
Bad Education A
All About My Mother B+
Volver C+