Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hud (1963)
Hud is a great American film... A near-classic to be sure. What a great cast!

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Purists of Vampire and Werewolf lore will find plenty to nitpick in this movie. The movie has other flaws too, but they do get some damn good actors in key roles like Lucian and Viktor, Kate Beckinsale was very good in her part and made for a pretty good action star, and the ride as a whole is always a lot of fun.

Unregistered User

The Way We Were (1973)

Really did not expect to like this but pleasantly surprised.I thought it was a great story with graet acting and a very good ending. I'm not one for romance but if i was then i'd rate this even higher i guess.

Make a better place

a Night in Old Mexico 2013

The Family Man 2000 (re-watch)

The Haunting (1963)

This is an excellent haunted house movie, probably one of the best. My problem is that these types of movies have been beaten to death over the years, and I just don't enjoy them as much as I used to. It's too bad I didn't see it a long time ago.

The Haunting (1963)

This is an excellent haunted house movie, probably one of the best.]
It is. It's the very best I've seen.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Hud is such an underrated film... As is "The Way We Were"

I saw "Blame It On Fidel" which I already saw, but it's still good and cute. Probably the greatest child performance.
3.5/5

I also saw "Kapo" for the first time... Amazing film....
4.5/5

If you insist, before Minio shows up with GIFs, my only issue with it is (most likely) the phrasing. Saying "A movie should have some entertainment value" as opposed to "I prefer movies with entertainment value" is a big, important difference. The latter is a statement of personal preference (if a narrow, close-minded one) whereas the former is an application of personal preference to film in general that constrains and limits the medium. I think there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the second statement, but kg's statement is an offense to creativity in filmmaking, though I'm sure he really just meant he prefers entertaining movies.

I am straight and enjoy being straight therefore people should not be homosexuals.
This is wrong on MOST levels. First I apologize for saying ALL movies should have entertainment value, because **** that who wants their indie or artsy movies to have any entertainment to them. (Sarcasm if you're not picking up on it)
What I'm saying is, who cares if it is an "art house" movie? For you to enjoy it don't you think you would have some entertainment watching that movie? Or maybe you're misunderstanding the definition of entertainment. Entertainment: the action of providing or being provided with amusement or enjoyment. Did Under the Skin have classic elements that would provide people with entertainment? No, but I was so enthralled in the story that it brought me enjoyment of the movie. Therefore it was an entertaining movie! I just didn't find Carnage entertaining at all.
So get off your high horse and go watch some "unentertaining" art house flicks

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
This is wrong on MOST levels. First I apologize for saying ALL movies should have entertainment value, because **** that who wants their indie or artsy movies to have any entertainment to them. (Sarcasm if you're not picking up on it)
What I'm saying is, who cares if it is an "art house" movie? For you to enjoy it don't you think you would have some entertainment watching that movie? Or maybe you're misunderstanding the definition of entertainment. Entertainment: the action of providing or being provided with amusement or enjoyment. Did Under the Skin have classic elements that would provide people with entertainment? No, but I was so enthralled in the story that it brought me enjoyment of the movie. Therefore it was an entertaining movie! I just didn't find Carnage entertaining at all.
So get off your high horse and go watch some "unentertaining" art house flicks
This is wrong on MOST levels

High Tension.

Really does live up to its title and I was defiantly captured by it and couldn't take my eyes of the screen most of the time. I love horror movies with a lot of tension and that was mostly what made this movie good. The gore was okay, some scenes bette than others, but it's not something I love in a horror movie.

BUT the big ending. Wow, that ruined the entire movie for me, almost completely. When you pull off something like that it has to make sense when you go back in the movie and think of all the different scenes troughout. Here, it didn't. At all. A freaking lazy last minute twist and it's truly a shame... Could've been great, but honestly it's hard to rate this, since the ending kind of IS the whole movie, so all the good parts pretty much disappears even if they were awesome in the first place.

This is wrong on MOST levels
lol, good rebuttal. You can DM me when you have something to back it up.
So I expect to not be hearing from you

The Evil Dead

I've been working on the Evil Dead trilogy for the past 2 days. Tonight is Army of Darkness.
First off I want to state that I am not a fan of horror. You might ask, then why did I rate it so high? BECAUSE IT'S THAT DAMN GOOD. I was truly blown away by this movie. I just felt like this was a true horror movie.
The cinematography was on point! So many great shots in this movie. I thought the dated effects added to the movie. The acting wasn't the greatest but is it ever in horror movies?

Evil Dead II

I'm not exactly sure how this came to be rated higher than it's predecessor (based off IMDB). The beginning is apparently supposed to be a remake of the original, which I thought was totally pointless. Then you have the addition of more comedy to this movie. I thought it worked in some parts, but not in others. I couldn't bring myself to view it as a comedy instead of bad horror, or cheesy horror. Which it is a little of both. I liked seeing the continuation of Ash's story, but the addition of the "hillbilly," and his girl didn't work for me. (How is he dating her?) I liked the family back story of the Professor. All in all it's still very solid for a horror movie and there are some classic parts (groovy, blood SPRAYING, battling your own hand) but it is still a step down from the first.

MovieMeditation-

Totally agree with you on High Tension and I think that's the general consensus here

thekgproject-

I'm with you that The Evil Dead is a good deal better than part II, and I think you're watching the worst of the series tonight