What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Blade Runner 2049. Very pleased with this purchase, wanted it a while back but didn't want to pay almost £40 for it, nearly a year later and found it in HMV for £19.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Got this from Walmart for $14, which isn't a bad deal for six seasons. I also thought I'd see what the fuss is about since it's so popular with anime fans that the Japanese dub is on Crunchyroll and it has a manga adaptation.

Popped into hmv to get a few new releases[/IMG]
“hmv” - is that Her Majesty's Voice? Can’t believe they still exist.

His Masters Voice. Yep still going but had some problems over the years, lots of them closed down including mine but thankfully my area was chosen to open its hmv shop again after some deal.

“I was cured, all right!”

Just bought this!
I'll have the next week off, so I'm planning to see the entire franchise again. Hopefully it will arrive next monday!

This I don’t understand: it costs less to buy DVDs from amazon.co.uk & have them shipped to Connecticut than it does to buy them from amazon.com. Even with the s/h I have to pay from England, the total is still less. Weird.

I recently bought three dvd's.
The first was the bollywood film War, I watched the trailer and liked the look of it.
The second was Joker, been wanting to see this for some time but didn't get to see it at the cinema.
The last one was Outrage by Takeshi Kitano, been meaning to buy this for a long while and finally got it, lol.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I got a bunch of DVDs and Blu-Rays from Amazon & Walmart this week:

Color Out of Space (Blu-Ray)
Suicide Squad: Extended Cut (Steelbook Blu-Ray)
Return to Nuke 'Em High Volume 1 (Blu-Ray)
Return to Return to Nuke 'Em High Volume 2 (Blu-Ray)
The Rush Hour Trilogy (Blu-Ray)
Outlaw Star: The Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
The Neon Demon (Blu-Ray)
Atomica (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo)
The Wind Rises (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo)
The Lift (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo)
Down (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo)
Amsterdamned (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo)
Knives Out (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo)
The Peanut Butter Solution (Blu-Ray)
Nightmare Beach (Blu-Ray)
Sgt. Kabukiman, NYPD (Blu-Ray)
Sailor Moon S: The Movie (DVD)
Sailor Moon Super S: The Movie (DVD)
Princess Mononoke (DVD)
DC Super Heroes: The Filmation Adventures, Volume 2 (DVD)
Surf Nazis Must Die: The Director's Cut (DVD)
Jim Henson Triple Feature: The Dark Crystal/Labyrinth/Mirrormask (DVD)

Movie Forums Extra
Criterion collection is a lot cheaper on DVD, and while you don't get the full fidelity, you're not paying the ridiculous amounts Criterion tends to charge. And like a lot of people here, I love physical media - And Criterion are physical media gods.

Whenever I ask this, people say,
"What's a DVD?", as if all they do is stream. I'm not a streamer, so I'm always collecting. Recently bought:
Insidious, 2010
(I'm expecting to be an instant fan)

Mother, 2013
(I like psycho/stalker movies).