Robin Hood: Men In Tights

Tools    

A bucket of anxiety
I'm just making a thread because I noticed there isn't a thread about this movie. I enjoy this movie very much as well as any other Mel Brooks film. I love comedies, especially when it's self aware humor such as the opening when fire arrows land on a house to spell, "Directed by Mel Brooks," to which the villagers responded, "Leave us alone, Mel Brooks!" I guess there isn't really much to discuss other than how hilarious it is so I guess if you like this movie, what is your favorite scene? If you don't like it, why not? One of my favorite scenes is the part Robin checks to script after he "loses."

This is actually one of three Mel Brooks movies I have never seen (Never seen Dracula:
Dead and Loving it
and The Twelve Chairs are the other two). I'm going to get around to it someday. I have seen the title musical number.

My mom (@Austruck) loves Mel Brooks, so I saw this (and other Mel Brooks movies) a lot growing up. This one was always a little too silly for my tastes (or, more specifically, too many of the jokes were unabashedly corny). But it has some really great moments, too. Also, my wife (@IrishSansRed) saw it when she was a bit younger, so it's remained a nostalgic favorite.

I think the whole bit where Blinkin tells him what happened to his pets is pretty great, though.

Did you know your wife has only posted twice in almost 12 years?

BANNED
Dave Chappelle

It's been quite awhile since I last watched this one, but it is the only Mel Brooks movie I've enjoyed as an adult. I'm not a big fan of comedies, but I do really like the Robin Hood legend so that's probably why I still like it.

The Adventure Starts Here!
My mom (@Austruck) loves Mel Brooks, so I saw this (and other Mel Brooks movies) a lot growing up. This one was always a little too silly for my tastes (or, more specifically, too many of the jokes were unabashedly corny). But it has some really great moments, too.
This actually isn't my favorite Brooks movie, though any movie of his still has a special place in my heart. Brooks movies are either way off the charts silly or amazingly hearty in terms of their longevity. The more direct parodies of genres (Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety) stand the test of time beautifully. The Producers, of course, was remade and then was also a hit on Broadway, decades after its original appearance in the late 1960s.

I got to meet Mel Brooks a few years ago when he was touring with a Q&A and special screening of Blazing Saddles. The man's energy, even then at age 91, was boundless.

I doubt he'll ever go on a tour with special screenings of Robin Hood: Men in Tights, but it's still a fun rewatch on a Saturday afternoon if some movie channel is playing it...

This actually isn't my favorite Brooks movie, though any movie of his still has a special place in my heart. Brooks movies are either way off the charts silly or amazingly hearty in terms of their longevity. The more direct parodies of genres (Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety) stand the test of time beautifully. The Producers, of course, was remade and then was also a hit on Broadway, decades after its original appearance in the late 1960s.

I got to meet Mel Brooks a few years ago when he was touring with a Q&A and special screening of Blazing Saddles. The man's energy, even then at age 91, was boundless.

I doubt he'll ever go on a tour with special screenings of Robin Hood: Men in Tights, but it's still a fun rewatch on a Saturday afternoon if some movie channel is playing it...

I'm so jealous you went to that Mel brooks Q &A...when I read he was doing that I would have killed to attend.