🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

My spoof and Seinfeld homage was based on your previous post (about how Roddenberry felt that TNG should not be like other sci-fi shows, there wouldn't be any battles as everyone would get along, it would be more about character's lives, etc. i.e. "nothing" would happen - the same idea behind Seinfeld, at least according to the episodes where they're trying to sell the show to NBC).
Gotcha. And for the most part, on the bad episodes I referred to, nothing happened! Go figure.

Gotcha. And for the most part, on the bad episodes I referred to, nothing happened! Go figure.
One thing I remember noting about TNG was how often Picard seemed to threaten self-destruction of the ship when they got in a jam (or maybe it only seemed like a lot of times?).

I think Kirk only made the threat twice on TOS (but I could be wrong) and then he actually DID it in ST III (the b@lls on that guy!)

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I think Kirk only made the threat twice on TOS (but I could be wrong) and then he actually DID it in ST III (the b@lls on that guy!)

Only in one episode, Let That Be Your Last Battlefield, did Kirk and crew enter the required self destruct codes (000 Destruct, 0). If you pay attention you'll notice Kirk and crew used the same codes in both the episode as well as in Star Trek III.

First photo is from one of my all time favorite ST episodes, Bread and Circuses and he was one of the best guest stars on the show. He made a damn good Roman!

Second photo, I don't have a clue, he doesn't even begin to look familiar. Maybe he appeared as an alien in make up?

Third photo is that the evil Nazi dude, Melacon from Patterns of Force? That's another great episode.

First photo is from one of my all time favorite ST episodes, Bread and Circuses and he was one of the best guest stars on the show. He made a damn good Roman!

Second photo, I don't have a clue, he doesn't even begin to look familiar. Maybe he appeared as an alien in make up?

Third photo is that the evil Nazi dude, Melacon from Patterns of Force? That's another great episode.
You got the first one right, and half of the third one. Yes, he played the Deputy Führer Melakon, and he also played another role in a different episode.

You got the first one right, and half of the third one. Yes, he played the Deputy Führer Melakon, and he also played another role in a different episode.
Hey! After staring at his face... was he the bald leader of the hippies - the guy with the weird ears - I can't remember his name right now. "Dr. somebody?"

Hey! After staring at his face... was he the bald leader of the hippies - the guy with the weird ears - I can't remember his name right now. "Dr. somebody?"

Dr. Sevrin

The Way to Eden

Just by coincidence, I happen to know the name of the first guy. It's Logan Ramsey from all the Walking Tall movies and he was in a Clint Eastwood movie, Any Which Way You Can, co-starring with his wife, none other than Anne Ramsey, Mama from Throw Mama From the Train. I'd forgotten he was in Bread and Circuses and it's one of my favorite episodes, too! Oy, the years! Here's Anne, in case anyone's forgotten her.

The third guy is Skip Homeier, who was one of my Dad's favorite actors from Western movies and Gangster flicks. So when that episode came along I knew who he was but my Dad couldn't be bothered because he wasn't into science fiction.

Okay, I recognize all three of them from being on ST, but couldn't tell you the characters or the real names of the first two guys without looking them up.

The first guy was in The Return of the Archons, he was one of the two guys who were old enough so that they didn't have to participate in festival. Was it called festival? Or am I thinking of Logan's Run?

The second guy was in the original Twilight Zone, I believe as a Martian. He looks real familiar but I don't know what episode of ST he was in.

The third guy was the doctor, geez everybody knows Dr. Spock

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The first guy was in The Return of the Archons, he was one of the two guys who were old enough so that they didn't have to participate in festival. Was it called festival? Or am I thinking of Logan's Run?
Yes, it was called "Festival". He was also one of the "survivors" who were supposed to be rescued in the episode "The Cage".

The second guy was in the original Twilight Zone, I believe as a Martian. He looks real familiar but I don't know what episode of ST he was in.
I think this is John Hoyt, who was the doctor in the pilot episode "The Cage".

As McCoy would say, "He's not a doctor, he's a science officer."

The first man also played the old man in For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky.

Logan's Run was Carousel.