Thoughts on director Scott Cooper

Tools    

I think he is just below the mark to be a great director. I have seen all his movies and for the most part the common complaint is performances are great but story is uneven or weak. He seems to be emulating other great movies...slow pace, dark movies, macho men crying and seemingly complex characters that are just executed like someone is dissecting those complexities...I always get the feeling that he is up his own ass in interviews and he has all the self indulgence of innaritu but none of his talent...what’s your thoughts? He may not be that popular so I will give his movies...crazy heart,out of the furnace,Black mass and hostiles

I haven't seen any of his films, at least a picture that he's directed. If he ever gets around to making a PG-13 movie, I'll sure check him out..

~Doc

I haven't seen any of his films, at least a picture that he's directed. If he ever gets around to making a PG-13 movie, I'll sure check him out..

~Doc
Though don't make *#*$! PG-13 anymore

Though don't make *#*$! PG-13 anymore
Heh, heh. I seem to remember reading that PG-13 movies make more money on average than do R rated ones. If that's true, then the inmates are running the asylum. Wait, I already knew that...

~Doc

I though Out of the Furnace was quite nice little movie. Nothing spectacular but like @cricket above says, promising. Hostiles, on the other hand, was totally aimless and extremely dull film. Don't remember why but I had some expectations for that film too and it ended up being a major disappointment.

I didn't even realize they were done by the same director before I read the OP.