Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Journeyman (2017)

Decent performances and I'm a fan of Paddy Considine but the whole story itself was predictable...I do realise he works on a budget. Feel guilty but it didn't engage.

NEDS (Peter Mullan, 2010)
+
Confrontational, disrespectful and prone to violence - and that's just the teachers
I thought this was an awkward film. The main actor didn't look like he really wanted to be there.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Batman (1989)

3/5

Could have been more serious, some missed opportunities "i thought" that could have made this movie really great.

I like the cast, keaton is a good Batman and I like the scenery from Burton.

Nostalgia is definitely there lol it's fun to watch.

Welcome to the human race...
We seem to have a diversity problem in the Best Director category. 5 of the last 6 winners have been Mexican. That seems like the opposite of diversity. Pretty homogeneous. Guess they won't start hashtags for that though. Hell 7 of the last 10 have been non white males. But what do I know. #SourGrapes
You should see how many of the last 90 winners are white males.

(that being said, I'm surprised you didn't mention how many of those wins are just the same three guys getting repeat wins)

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance -

about how you'd expect a superhero movie from the makers of Crank to turn out

A Dog's Way Home (2019)

Probably not a very good movie and more likely I've just turned into a weird dog guy. It was cute and there's some good things about it. My dogs liked it a lot. One thing that seemed weird to me was that there were some cgi animals. Some were done well but some were very noticeable. Also very noticeable was the filmmaker's attempt to bring a racially diverse cast and also throw in a token gay couple. It was certainly tasteful but better movies do it much more naturally.

Peeping Tom (1960 film)

A grimly brilliant journey into the mind and motives of a voyeuristic killer. The calmness and pacing of this are fantastic. Its topped off with a rather dramatic coup de grace.

Apparently this nearly ended Michael Powells career as a director. It's certainly very daring considering the social mores of the time.

Orochi [Serpent] (Buntarô Futagara, 1925)
+
The original 'Man With No Namie' movie

A Dog's Way Home (2019)

Probably not a very good movie and more likely I've just turned into a weird dog guy. It was cute and there's some good things about it. My dogs liked it a lot. One thing that seemed weird to me was that there were some cgi animals. Some were done well but some were very noticeable. Also very noticeable was the filmmaker's attempt to bring a racially diverse cast and also throw in a token gay couple. It was certainly tasteful but better movies do it much more naturally.

Yeah this was a fine film but clearly a propaganda piece that attempts to be something for everyone, the multiracial was less of an issue than the Vet subplots. Actually I got two good recommendations for you

Both are true stories so by grounding the plot I think it works better than Dog's Way Home.

Unsane (2018)

Decent little film and fairly interesting but, at the end of the day, a lot more of the psychological angle could have been used. In that respect it turned into a workaday thriller but still perfectly watcheable at that.