Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Donnie Brasco (1997)

I think Depp is in his pomp in this as Jo Pistone. Pacino is also "flawless" (not a fugazi in *any* way ). The supporting turns from Michael Madsen and Bruno Kirby are excellent. The short and unhappy life on top of the street boss is well portrayed. Again, Depp is so watchable that every scene is a masterclass....the "Forget about it" one was very funny and not trite.

Go Ahead and Hate Me..

Climax
(2018)
Gaspar Noe
2.5/5

I found the first 60% to be boring as he11. I was not a fan of the dance style or music. Just my personal taste and the extremities were not that extreme. There were many points of the film, I just wanted to turn it off.

You still overrated Climax.
My Argentine friend hated it period.. and he's a huge Gaspar Noe' fan.

Glad to know you think more of my movie taste... lol It was very hard to watch.. just so boring most of the film.

Chelovek s kino-apparatom [Man With A Movie Camera] (Dziga Vertov, 1929)
+
Earliest recorded example of upskirting?

Unregistered User
Gaspar Noe is a director who's films I always get excited about just before it starts. Even if the quality of the film itself doesn't stand out, you can be sure it'll stick it your mind for some time. Climax might actually be my favourite of his so far, although I need to see I Stand Alone again. It felt like a psychedelic assault of the senses with violence, drugs, suspense, amazing visuals and a perfect techno score. Its a simple plot and the setting takes place in a dancehall full of some madly talented individuals.

On the list TSL.[/quote]

Hope you get to it soon. Looking forward to your thoughts.

The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse (Rex Ingram, 1921)

Somewhat ironically only really came alive once they arrived on the scene

5th Re-watch...the most underrated film on Robert Zemeckis' resume...this scorching and macabre black comedy sizzles from opening to closing credits...Zemeckis' respect for the brilliant screenplay is unparalleled and Meryl Streep's dazzling tour-de-force performance should have earned her an Oscar nomination. The film did win an Oscar for Outstanding Visual Effects, not the kind of effects one would normally associate with this category, but once you see it, you'll realize the Academy got that one right. A winner.

Welcome to the human race...
Deadwood -

turns out HBO hasn't completely forgotten how to end a show right

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Our Nixon - 10/10
There isn't a single movie I want to watch, and the ones I roll the dice on aren't good enough to even finish. I saw this before, but Nixon has been one of my big fascinations for many years.

Once Upon A Time In London 2019

I don't think I've ever seen so many faces been slashed in a movie before.. not a bad true life British gangster flick, the kray's appear at the end in a fun scene, their time is just starting

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.