Space drama style movie

Tools    

Hi

This must be a 70's, 80's or maybe early 90' movie..

All i remember from this movie is there is a guy, they travel around space, on some moons or satelites.

The movie atmosphere is dark, most scenes i remember are not with much light.

Its more of a drama, not realy a action movie.
In one scene he is preparing for people to arive to try and kill him, puts on a bullet proof vest and a thic collar around his neck.
The hero watches as the space craft carrying the man trying to kill him lands on this moon.

They try and strangle him with wire and that collar saves his life.
They have a gunfight on a glass and steel frame greenhouse on a moon or in space. There are planst inside and i think they fight outside.
They use shotguns, not to damage the glass...

i am sorry for the poor description, i saw this a very long time ago.

Thank you guys for your replies, i belive it to be Outland. I will watch it and report back. Again, sorry for the poor description, i am as old as the movie and time distorts memories.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Im instantly thinking of Outland as it does have the strangle-proof collar that Sean wears to protect himself.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.