The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Tools    

They are either old and on their way to decrepedness, or one lamb shake from an asylum.

Holden, I've never read or even heard of this comic before. In the comic, does Sawyer have the same sort of deficiencies?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Tom Sawyer character is actually one of the many sizeable changes from the graphic novel. He wasn't even part of the original group. They added him to the screenplay when they Americanized it. Oh, well.

This is why I'm starting to get a bad vibe from the project. I'm so worried it's going to be like the brainless-but-loud Brendan Fraser Mummy pics, and not like the clever source material at all.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hmm....

I don't care for that at all. No one should change things to the point that new STAR characters are added. I should have realized that anyway, since I've read up on the original here. At least I believe that's the original.

EDIT: I just realized the Volume II. Sorry for my comprehension being so unworthy. DON'T YELL AT ME.

Yeah, that's actually volume two of their adventures. I haven't read that one myself, though I think it has to do with Martians. And no, Tom Sawyer isn't part of the League in that incarnation either.

I don't think all of Volume II has been published yet, which means it isn't available as a complete graphic novel, just the individual comics. I suppose I could wander into some dark comic hole and find them, but like a member of AA passing by pubs, I'm not really confident in myself in such an establishment. I'm already dealing with the throws of this movie-buying addiction. I certainly don't need to add comic books back into the equation (which mostly involves subtraction from my meager checking account).

Originally posted by LordSlaytan
They are either old and on their way to decrepedness, or one lamb shake from an asylum.

Holden, I've never read or even heard of this comic before. In the comic, does Sawyer have the same sort of deficiencies?
now your not reading. I didn't ask a 3rd time.

What the hell is your problem with me anyway??

No, it was my third time posting the answer: once in the beginning of the thread - which you could have found the answer originally without asking, then in the second reply where I not only answered the age question but gave detail of who Quartermain specifically is, and then the third time when you asked once again, obviously too busy to read what is in front of you on the monitor.

But I have no problem, other than having to repeat myself over and over again. If you want to discuss, great, let's discuss. If you're going to simply re-ask the same question that was just answered for you specifically, you see, that seems silly and like perhaps you have a problem with reading.

Sound-out the big words, that's my advice. And hey, I even include pretty pictures in many of my posts. Maybe they're too distracting?

sorry, I am trying to get use to a new boards.

Looks like I will find another one and leave you alone

You're so mean Holden, but funny.

Don't worry about it Graphic, we all get zinged by him from time to time, he's a good guy. Just don't ask him to repeat himself. Oh yeah, you quoted my much nicer post instead of Holden's.

Geeze, Louise! Stay, please. Or don't.

Just try reading a bit before you jump in and ask a question, or if you do (some existing threads are many pages long, I realize), then at least read the answers politely provided and don't ask the exact same question again right away. Do I seem unreasonable?

Anyway, don't leave on my account. You won't be the only person here who doesn't like me, that's fer damn sure.

BTW, does anybody here know if the Connery chatracter in LXG is supposed to be that frippin' old? He seems a few birthdays passed the typical action/adventure role, if you know what I mean, so I was just wondering.

Anyone?

BTW, does anybody here know if the Connery chatracter in LXG is supposed to be that old? He seems a few birthdays passed the typical action/adventure role, so I was just wondering. - Holden
In the immortal words of Eric Cartman, "Oh ********!"

My mommy reads me MoFo posts everynight. It's not really me who writes here either. I love it when Holden displays pretty pictures. Mommy shows me the laptop then.

BANNED
Alan Moore . . . brilliant writer.
"The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" . . . high-quality comic book.
"LXG the Movie" . . . interesting movie trailer. Remains to be seen if the movie lives up to the comic book! With the likes of Sean Connery and his fine supporting cast, though, it should be worth watching even if it doesn't!

Actually, I'm glad that they have a totally new story--that way, it's not a rehash of the comic book and doesn't have to suffer through unflattering comparisons with the original! They used the idea from the comic book to come up with their own story, which was a sharp move on their part! Let's see if they came up with a good story!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
For what its worth, it wasn't that bad of a post. And it was on a reasonable subject.....has Django reformed himself?

Don't be Feisty now...
I saw the trailer and I don't understand one thing: Why is Mina Harker a vampire?

I read the book Dracula, and although she was bitten by Dracula, she never actually turned into a full vampire and bite people like Lucy did. She got saved in the end anyways.

I know nothing about the actual LXG comics or anything, so could someone fill me in?

This is cool. Ok the original image I was trying to post was an anime rendition of the League. Check it uot on your own at the Yahoo! Group for the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The have some cool info on the movie as well as pictures. Then I tried to post the new movie poster, but thats no good either. In the mean time.....

Aheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh.

The URL for that image is pointing to a local path...IE: an image on your hard drive. The img tag only works in regards to images already on the web...with absolute paths. Unless, by some coincidence, one of us happens to have a file by the same name in the same location on OUR computer.

Are you serious?!?

Boy. I feel like a moron right now (as I should). I'll fix that right away.

Nah, easy mistake to make. The basic functionality is pretty simple, though: img tag for images on the Internet, attachments for images on the hard drive.