Payphone scenes in movies

Tools    

Yow
Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project and trying to find movies that have payphone scenes with conversations.

Here are some of the movies that I saw.

The conversation/ Arbitrage/Buffalo '66/ The Blob/ Arlington Road/ Midnight Cowboy/ Miracle Miles/ Midnight Run/ Night on Earth/ Taxi Driver/ Dirty Harry/ The graduate/ Made/ The goodbye girl/ Hopscotch/ Terminator/

Most importantly, the scenes must have lines. For that reason, movies like "The Birds" or "The Cotton Club" is not something that I'm looking for.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Yow

One film that I think you would have to include without question is "phone booth", it seems like an obvious answer but it is master class in film making.

I believe the trailer for ATM featured a payphone, it got completely hammered by critics though

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Forget if a line in it, but Trinity in The Matrix

And of course, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

and Rain Man (includes a booth-fart, does that count?)

The scene in the phone box in American Werewolf in London where David has realised what he's done and phones his parents to say goodbye . He gets through to his little sister - quite a moving little scene

Goodfellas; Jimmy finds out on the payphone that Tommy got wacked.

About 2 and a half minutes in-

There's that great Spanish surreal short La Cabina. No conversation so it's no good to you but just thought I'd mention it in case people haven't seen it!

There is a scene in the 60's classic CHARADE where Audrey Hepburn and Walter Matthau are cramped into a phone booth together and Matthau keeps dropping lit cigarettes in Hepburn's lap.

Citizen of Werewolfville
There is a scene in the 60's classic CHARADE where Audrey Hepburn and Walter Matthau are cramped into a phone booth together and Matthau keeps dropping lit cigarettes in Hepburn's lap.
As far as I remember, it was James Coburn, not Walter Matthau, and he did it with matches, not cigarettes.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
Though it's been over 30 years since I've seen the movie, for some reason, the one scene involving a pay phone that stands out for me occurs near the end of The Rose (1980) where the main character has returned to her hometown, and is having a desperate phone conversation (can't recall if it's with family or a lover) on a payphone outside her old high school, while in the background you can see the high school football team practicing.

There is a scene in Mr Beans Holiday where he is using a payphone to track down his companion's father. Its not a phone booth but a payphone with multiple conversations hope that helps.