How do you decide which films to review?

→ in
Tools    

When do you post a review of a film?
16.67%
3 votes
Almost everytime I see a film for the first time
22.22%
4 votes
When I see a film that I feel strongly about
44.44%
8 votes
Whenever the mood strikes me
5.56%
1 votes
Whenever I have the time for it
11.11%
2 votes
There's no real rhyme or reason to it
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
All of the above! I usually write a review when I've seen a film for the first time recently - providing I feel strongly enough about it, am in the mood and have time to write.

Some people have said they prefer to review films not so many people have seen, which I think is great as reading reviews like that gives me ideas for films to watch that I might not otherwise have heard of, or heard that much about.

However, I think it is impossible for me to find a film to review which hasn't been reviewed before and probably better by someone else.

The People's Republic of Clogher
My review thread didn't start out as an exploration of stuff that might have passed by the attention of the greater MoFo populous (sadly I'm not that pompous....ermmm not that I'm saying anyone here is! ).

It just kinda worked out that way because the films that tend to hit me in the gut are films that listen to a different drummer, so to speak.

I stick everything else in Movie Tab and there's no real rhyme nor reason behind what I choose apart from the need to share weak gags and some sort of 'angle' which occurred to me, lightbulb over head-like, when I was watching it.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I mostly review things when, after a first watching, I feel like watching again and examining what's going on in it. OR, if it's such awful drek that I need to write about it to exorcise it to save my grey matter. Mostly the former though. I started writing reviews when I decided to educate myself about film, as a way of getting feedback from others, and to force myself to really evaluate what I was seeing. At the same time, I collected 'favorites' from a bunch of people I respected, so I had a lot of good films to start out with. That process skewed my ratings pretty high, but it suited my personal goal, which was learning about film.

Well whenever I feel a strong feeling of what I'm watching...It is important that you have an interest to the things that you are writing...and having interest makes you lot knowledgeable for that...And you will come out a good review...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
10 reviews so far. I just noticed that only 3 are English language films and none are American. Not that I am snubbing US films, but most of the US films I am watching at the moment are AFI list classics, and there isn't really that much new I can say about them...and I don't want to get told off for reviewing 'ancient mainstream films'