Mofo Bros Top 100: A Raul and Sean Production

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

My version of HKs Charlie's Angels. The cast is awesome. It has Rachel McAdams. It's hilarious. And don't forget the meatloaf!

Such gorgeous animation here, and it really kindled my love of the ocean life in general. The story is touching and heartwarming, with a nice blend of jokes along the way. The colors make the film purely beautiful. It's everything I can ask for in an animated film. Spoiler: will be high on my 2000s list.

Casey Affleck gives an outstanding performance. There are so many great scenes and the screenplay is great. A former top 10 movie that has fallen out of that range but is still fantastic.

Gosh you guys have been busy! I can hardly keep up, but I'll try

Raul's
The Grapes of Wrath...I've only seen this once 15 years ago but it did leave a very positive impression on me.
Dial M for Murder...fun movie but not perfect, Ray Milland is good in it though and Grace is cute in her nighty!
Up...This one didn't work for me I found the kid annoying & the bird.
Double Indemnity...Oh yeah! Fred MacMurray rocks his role as the everyday insurance agent who wants more, much more.
Schlinder's List...Proving that Spielberg is a great director.
Braveheart...I use to love this but now it's down a notch.
On The Waterfront...A literal classic.
North By Northwest...A fun and smart Hitch film.
Silence of the Lambs...it's all about Jodie Foster's performance.
It Happened One Night...Top 10 for me!
Wedding Crashers...I liked it! and I even like Will Ferrell in it
Finding Nemo...Fun but animation will never be my thing.
Manchester by the Sea...Such a powerful movie and great performances.

Sean's
A Man For All Seasons...I'm a big fan of this as it's such an engaging script.
In a Lonely Place...5/5 for me.
There Will Be Blood....All I remember of this is my wife didn't like the movie.
The Long Goodbye...
Children of Paradise...I dug this, didn't love it, but it was well done.
Lawrence of Arabia...OMG, such sublime cinematography.
It's a Wonderful Life...So much more than a feel good movie, actually most of the movie is a downer. 5/5 for me.
Cuckoo's Nest...One of the few perfect films out there.
The Royal Tenembaums...Not seen it but I thought you might recommend it to me on my 2000s Watch thread.
Shawshank Redemption...Only seen it once and was blown away by it.

Awesome choices guys! Now don't lame out in the home stretch

Manchester by the Sea didn't hit me as much as most people, but it's still a pretty good film.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Some of the best dialogue in film ever. That cropper scene is awesome. A great screenplay. Saint and Grant are great in this. Love it.

North by Northwest is one of my favorite Hitchcock movies, and it's a top-tier Cary Grant movie too.

I always assumed I would outgrow this movie, or at least grow tired of it. It always hits. Stewart is my favorite actor. I think about many of the scenes often. I cry like a baby for, like, the last twenty minutes. That's not an exaggeration. Only a couple movies make me sob, this is one.
It's a Wonderful Life is a must-watch movie for me every holiday season.

My favorite Jack performance. I love so many individual scenes here. Fantastic script. All-timer for good reason.
I think I may have mentioned this earlier, but One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is my favorite Jack Nicholson movie.

One of the best films about friendship that there is. Endlessly entertaining. Loved it from my first viewing.
It took me a couple of viewings to really appreciate The Shawshank Redemption. I don't love it as much as most people do, but it's a very good movie.

The masterpiece from Capra in my opinion. I love It's a Wonderful Life but this one hits the spot more. Love Colbert and Gables chemistry in this. The jokes hit the right spot for me.
It Happened One Night is near the top of the list of my favorite Frank Capra movies.

Such gorgeous animation here, and it really kindled my love of the ocean life in general. The story is touching and heartwarming, with a nice blend of jokes along the way. The colors make the film purely beautiful. It's everything I can ask for in an animated film. Spoiler: will be high on my 2000s list.

Finding Nemo is high on my Pixar list, and it just gets better every time I watch it.

A great trio of acting, Monroe is stunning, Lemmon is hilarious. The writing by Billy Wilder is awesome. Great beginning. Great ending. Yeah, everything I look for in a movie.

I've fallen way behind.

Schindler's List - excellent movie that I love but it's a really tough watch.
A Man For All Seasons - Haven't seen it.
In a Lonely Place - Haven't seen it.
There Will Be Blood - I've seen it a couple of times and disliked it each time. I dislike PTA movies in general.
The Long Goodbye - fun movie. I enjoyed it a lot and almost included it on my own top 100 last time.
Children of Paradise - Haven't seen it.
Braveheart - It's been ages since I've seen it and don't remember much about it, but I do remember not liking it at all.
On the Waterfront - Good movie, but not a favorite for me.
North by Northwest - one of my favorite Hitchcocks, but not an overall favorite movie.
Silence of the Lambs - I liked it pretty well but it'll never be a personal favorite.
Lawrence of Arabia - I was bored to tears by this
It's a Wonderful Life - way too corny and James Stewart's voice annoys me so much.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Great movie. One of my favorites.
The Royal Tenenbaums - I don't remember many specifics about this movie, other than that I didn't like it. But I don't like Wes Anderson movies in general.
The Shawshank Redemption is a really good movie, but I don't love it.
It Happened One Night - I didn't like this either. I think Capra just isn't my cup of tea.
Wedding Crashers - I used to like this movie a lot more than I do now. I still like it okay, but I really dislike Owen Wilson and comedies generally tend not to age well. I do still have something of a soft spot for Vince Vaughn though.
Finding Nemo - Good movie, but I'd consider it mid-tier Pixar.
Manchester By the Sea - I was surprised how much I enjoyed this, because I generally dislike Casey Affleck. I should watch it again.
Some Like It Hot - Haven't seen it.

I've got so many to get through here. This is what happens when I can't get online for a few days.

Not seen La La Land, but love Double Indemnity, it's on my own 100. Loved Chunking Express when I saw it in the mid 90's but not seen it since. Lonesome Dove? Cheat. Cheat. Cheat. Cheat. I liked Rear Window but I'm a bit up and down with it. Really it depends on my mood when I see it. Not seen The Hurricane or The Grapes Of Wrath. Not much of a fan of Dial M For Murder. Thought the first 10 minutes of Up were really good. Didn't care for the rest of it. Already spoken of Schindler's List. A Man For All Seasons is really good. Honestly can't tell you if I've seen In A Lonely Place or not. Didn't like There Will Be Blood or The Long Goodbye (not seen it since I was a teen though neither noir nor Elliot Gould do much for me) while Les Enfant Du Paradis is wonderful. Already spoken of Braveheart, shame I've had to do so twice for these lists. I saw On The Waterfront in my teens but don't really remember it. Not a fan of North By Northwest. Said it a million times over the years here, but Silence Of The Lambs is a really good TV movie.

Lawrence Of Arabia, as Sean said, It's freaking Lawrence Of Arabia. It's A Wonderful Life I like but not much more, think I've also mentioned .... Cuckoo's Nest before too. Saw the first 5 or 10 minutes of The Royal Tenembaum's and wanted to kill everyone I saw and myself. I don't think I've seen a second of an Anderson film I liked. That said, I do wonder if I'd enjoy The Grand Budapest Hotel? Just something about it which made me think I might be able to stand it. Shawshank is excellent. It's eminently watchable. Saw It Happened One Night and I'm not sure how I felt about it. Then or now. Not seen Wedding Crashers or Finding Nemo. Unlike the former, I think I might like the latter though. I have a copy somewhere which I recorded it for my niece and nephew but I don't think they ever watched it. Not seen Manchester By The Sea. Looks like something I'd have liked when I was younger but not now. Never cared for Some Like It Hot, but Marilyn looks incredible in that film and it does have my favourite closing line in movie history.

That said, I do wonder if I'd enjoy The Grand Budapest Hotel?
I don’t think so. I generally think Grand Budapest is Wes’s instincts dialed up a couple notches. Naturally I love it.

Saw the first 5 or 10 minutes of The Royal Tenembaum's and wanted to kill everyone I saw and myself. I don't think I've seen a second of an Anderson film I liked.
This sounds about right for Anderson. Though I will admit to liking Isle of Dogs.