Lets Talk Football

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
You remember back when I talked about UEFA kicking my club Red Star Belgrade out of Champions League(and all UEFA competitions)because of financial problems?

Well,looks like finally club will get a owner,no more corrupt politicians at the club,no more bastards grabbing money,no more idiotic transfers...First candidate is Gazprom,they are our sponsors for 4 years now and honestly I don't have anything against it,we would dominate our league with ease,if we can win it with financial problems then wining it as a normal club would be simple.But...there is always a big but...I don't know what will be in that contract(to whoever they sell my love) I'm afraid of some corrupt contract,it shouldn't happen with big name buying club but still...With 10 years of corruption you are never 100%... Just wanted to update on that...We have 3 wins out of 3 games this year.Wish us luck.

It says bravely.

Samuel Eto'o to Everton on a 2 year deal. Christine, what do you think?
We're happy with him. Roberto is doing a decent job wheeling and dealing loans. Eto'o might be older but he knows where the back of the net is, so let's see. We could've done with him last Saturday with that lead we threw away.
Looking forward to seeing how he fits in. I like his cheeky grin too

Di Maria is a great player. Truly world class and I hope he settles well and quickly.

Everyone's saying we've overpaid but, of course we've overpaid.?
Di Maria is a good player, but not of the class that'll keep the ship floating despite it being battered from all sides. Overpaid is a huge understatement here, but what's worrying is that this happened in all transfers under Woodward. Fellaini and Mata are good players, but not THAT good, lol. I ***** on Wenger every chance I get, but at least we got a winger of the same quality for half the price.

Tough times if you're a Man U supporter, because it's going to take a bit of time to challenge for the title again. About time, HA!

I agree about Woodward, but we were never going to get Mata for anything other than a huge price because we're United and they're Chelsea. The Fellaini deal was, in all ways, a massive fail, to use the modern parlance.

We're not going to challenge for a good few seasons yet. We've been fearing Fergie leaving for years for this very reason. The fact that Gill went at the same time has made it all the worse and the fact that Woodward has no experience in this only exacerbates it.

Sanches the same quality as Di Maria? Now I don't know about that.one.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Di Maria is a great player, no doubt! He played on Portugal before going to Madrid so I know him quite well... The thing is: will he adapt to english football? He is not very physically strong, it might not be the ideal way of playing to him! But I hope I'm wrong cause I really like him (though he never played on my team).

@Honeykid - hope you win today. I don't hate Man Utd like I do Liverpool, so seeing your team get beat by MK Dons didn't give me any kind of pleasure . Besides I have Wayne Rooney in my fantasy football team. I still like the lad

American Football/Football/Rugby

Peeps fav?
Rugby for sure, this is way more spectacular than the two other sports, from my POV.

@Honeykid - hope you win today. I don't hate Man Utd like I do Liverpool, so seeing your team get beat by MK Dons didn't give me any kind of pleasure . Besides I have Wayne Rooney in my fantasy football team. I still like the lad
Well, like me you'll be disappointed now then.

Again, we're just too slow and there's not enough width atm. If/when this formation starts to click the width will sort itself out as the wingbacks will be more confident of the midfield keeping the ball and push forwards, but it's a possesion based system and it's not as direct or pacy as we (as United fans) have been used to see for, well, all my lifetime, at least. I know the 'chalk on the boots' winger doesn't really exist any more, but that's the kind of direct running that we're used to seeing, so this looks even slower.

I thought Mata was particularly poor today. Burnley were very well organised and played some good football, too. They deserved their point, however, I think we should had a penalty. Two, actually, but I can understand Foy not giving one for the push on Young, as he was on the wrong side to see it clearly and, well, it's Young.

Torres has left. Chelsea are definitely taking the league this season.
I think Chelsea are clear favourites for the league this year. You've got Remy joining now, as well, so we'll see how the Liverpool medical team do. I think Remy is a good player and he certainly knows where the goal is. Torres out and Remy in? Sounds like good business to me.

Song to West Ham on loan and Agger back to Brondy, too.

I think Chelsea are clear favourites for the league this year. You've got Remy joining now, as well, so we'll see how the Liverpool medical team do. I think Remy is a good player and he certainly knows where the goal is. Torres out and Remy in? Sounds like good business to me.
Last year's strikeforce: Torres, Eto'o, Ba
This season's: Costa, Drogba, Remy

good business indeed.

Looks like we've got Blind in at United, as well. I'm hearing £14m, is that right? If so, that really is good business.

Sounds like Lee Cattermole is a foul away from getting sent off. Not even the end of the first half yet.

Which game are you watching?
The only bearable side from Liverpool vs the triumphant men of Josay Mooreenyo.

I think I have a man crush on Costa, such a deadly finisher. Ever since the Torres transfer I've decided not to get too excited about new signings, but wow. This guy is already a legend. Louis van Genius must already be pooping his pantaloons. But I'd guess Costa is the least of his worries right now.

So how close is Manchester City to Man U? Is it like here and they're in the same city?

Yep. Though City would argue they're the only team in Manchester. Everton and Liverpool are both in Liverpool, Aston Villa and West Bromich Albion are both in Birmingham, while Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Tottenham, QPR and Crystal Palace are all in London.

PW, if you get the chance to see the Everton v Chelsea game, check it out. I only saw the highlights, but it looked a great game.

Two wonderful goals today. Firstly from Agent Diouf (Mame Biram Diouf) and the volley from Wayne Routledge (which reminded me of the van Persie goal against Charlton all those years ago.)

Here's the Diouf goal.

Kagawa's gone back to Dortmund. £16m to us, £6m back two years later. Nicely done, Dortmund. Expecting Wellbeck and Cleverley to be going tomorrow.

I've just watched De Jong have a good game for AC Milan, so I guess any and all rumours of him going to United are/were rubbish.