Spam my WAR Countdown ballot!...movie recommendations needed

Tools    

^ Nice selection CR, still early to say of course but it looks like we'll have about 10-12 titles in common on our ballots.
There was a lot of promising war movies on your list that I haven't seen...yet...so who knows they too might get added to my ballot.

some good ones that i wouldn’t want to go overlooked:

flight command (frank borzage, 1940)
the long voyage home (john ford, 1940)
mister roberts (john ford, 1955)
bitter victory (nicholas ray, 1956)
the americanization of emily (arthur hiller, 1964)
where eagles dare (brian g. hutton, 1968)
devils on the doorstep (wen jiang, 2000)
eye in the sky (gavin hood, 2015)
quo vadis, aida? (jasmila zbani, 2021)
criticker

Continuing on from The Red and The White
Ivan's Childhood
Diamonds of the Night
The Round-Up
Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence

I will echo
Come and See
Paths of Glory
The Human Condition (I'm only part-way in, but it's good)
Army of Shadows
A Man Escaped
The Thin Red Line
All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
Full Metal Jacket
The Third Part of the Night

If people are going Holocaust documentaries, then Shoah is the big one, but I'd like to also suggest (blind suggestion), there's also The Sorrow and the Pity and Hôtel Terminus (I haven't seen these and my knowledge of their contents other than categorization is nil).

I'm sure some more will eventually come to me.

The trick is not minding
Steel Helmet
The Big Red One
Fixed Bayonets
3 that I need to see yet.

Has anyone seen The Dogs of War from 1980? Directed by John Irvin, who later directed Hamburger Hill, as well. Stars Christopher Walken and Tom Berenger.

Has anyone seen The Dogs of War from 1980? Directed by John Irvin, who later directed Hamburger Hill, as well. Stars Christopher Walken and Tom Berenger.
Not very good. And for the record Walken and his compatriots are mercenaries, not soldiers. Has a couple good action setpieces for its time, but the ending really just peters out.

Great poster, though.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
Not very good. And for the record Walken and his compatriots are mercenaries, not soldiers. Has a couple good action setpiecesfor its time, but the ending really just peters out.

Great poster, though.

I hadn’t seen it myself yet, and have it saved on Tubi. I’ll watch it and see if it has anything to do with an actual war. Thank you