Harry Belafonte RIP

Tools    

Almost a century. A good run.

watched him in the angel levine recently and he was wonderful. really weird angel movie from the director of the shop on main street. flawed but well worth checking out if only for the belafonte performance. he was magnetic in everything he did. rip.
criticker

When I first heard of Harry Belafonte, it was from the movie The World, the Flesh and the Devil about the last three people on Earth. Very good movie. Took me a while to get hip to his music and I really liked it when I found it. A legendary performer and personality. Godspeed, Harry.

My first exposure to Belafonte was through my parents, who owned every album he ever recorded. He was smoking hot in Carmen Jones. I also thought he gave a powerhouse performance in a nearly forgotten John Travolta film called White Man's Burden. A show business legend. RIP

I actually have his Carnegie Hall album on vinyl. Might be a good day to play the album. I first discovered him on the Muppet Show.

When I first heard of Harry Belafonte, it was from the movie The World, the Flesh and the Devil about the last three people on Earth. Very good movie. Took me a while to get hip to his music and I really liked it when I found it. A legendary performer and personality. Godspeed, Harry.
That's a great movie and might be the first time I actually seen Harry in a film. I thought so much of The World, the Flesh and the Devil that I chose that as my MoFo Movie of the Month. Anybody remember when we use to do that event?

I highly recommend Belafonte in Island in the Sun (1957) and in Odds Against Tomorrow (1959)...We know he was a silky smooth singer but Harry also packed a punch on film.