The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Do you guys think Parasite or Mad Max: Fury Road will win?
Here...

Looks like it, but I keep going back and forth with what would split the vote more: Anderson's quirky, idiosyncratic style, or the fact that Parasite is a foreign film? I think it's 75% safe to say that Mad Max Fury Road will be #1.

Do you guys think Parasite or Mad Max: Fury Road will win?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I actually have only seen three Wes Anderson films hence, a Wes Anderson blind spot.
Before last year, I've seen two Wes Anderson films total. One of which was the Grand Budapest Hotel.

Had a lot of fun with this one and it just missed out on the honorable mentions.

I've seen both films, actually (unless you're referring to CR).
She means me. I famously shut off Fury Road after it induced a fast edit headache! I'd like to see Parasite I bet I'd like it based on what I've read about it, but so far haven't seen it.

I've seen both films, actually (unless you're referring to CR).
I was referring to Citizen.

Oh I've seen some I'm sure. I know we only have 8 left but I found this prediction for the Top 10 and this is what I've seen of those.

1. Mad Max: Fury Road...Seen the first 15 minutes
2. Parasite
3. Whiplash....Seen
4. The Tree of Life...Seen
5. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
6. The Social Network...Seen
7. Blade Runner 2049...Seen
8. Infinity War
9. La La Land...Seen
10. The Grand Budapest Hotel....Seen

She means me. I famously shut off Fury Road after it induced a fast edit headache! I'd like to see Parasite I bet I'd like it based on what I've read about it, but so far haven't seen it.
Not sure if either film would be up your alley, but you should definitely give both of them a shot.

I generally go for somewhat obscure releases, but if someone else wants to do it, go ahead.
That's fine I can watch them on my own too Is Parasite anything at all like Shoplifters? which is a film I loved.

Although I think Mad Max will take #1, I had Parasite very high on my list and Mad Max as a late cut so...that's where my allegiances lie.

That's fine I can watch them on my own too Is Parasite anything at all like Shoplifters? which is a film I loved.
I haven't seen Shoplifters yet. I believe there's been a couple thematic comparisons here and there, but I can't speak to how accurate they are.

You've probably heard this before, but when you watch Parasite, try to know as little as possible about it.

A system of cells interlinked
Rectification:

The Tree of Life

Malick, 2011

I really enjoyed this one. I don't think the Sean Penn scenes worked as well as the rest of the film for me, but I still overall found this to be an interesting and moving watch. I had started watching this in pieces on my lunch hours, but was able to start it over and get the entire thing in yesterday, as was resting after a minor medical procedure. I have A Hidden Life on deck, and I want to get that in before I try to rank Malick's films. Lastly, I know I say this a lot, but Lubezki is THE MAN. The look of the film is easily a

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Well, I don't know if somebody has noticed that my avatar is actually a shot from:

#3. The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)

... So, you're welcome to the Grand Imperial Hotel and ... no, it was not my #1, it was my #5.

As I've mentioned before, me and my fiancée are totally into Wes Anderson, meaning that every three or something months re-watching some of his masterworks (meaning all his movies except only one).

The Grand Budapest was a huge feast for us. What an art parade of visuals, what a cast! We couldn't sober down for a year after its release. And then, we visited this place, Karlovy Vary in Czechia, that been visited by Anderson & Team too, looking for inspirations for this movie:

▽Nowadays photograph of the Deer rock and The Grand Imperial on the opposite slope:

▽Movie poster:

▽An old postcard of the 1910's:

We've spent about an hour next to that rock... Cheers!