RIP actor Clarence Gilyard (Die Hard, Walker Texas Ranger)

Tools    

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Actor Clarence Gilyard died yesterday after an extended illness at the age of 66.

Gilyard had started acting around 1979, first appearing in a play before making the jump to television roles. Some of television appearances included Diff'rent Strokes, CHIPS, and The Duck Factory. He appeared on 85 episodes of Matlock as Conrad McMasters and on nearly 200 episodes of Walker Texas Ranger as Ranger James Trivette.

Gilyard's movie roles included Top Gun, The Karate Kid II, and Left Behind 1 & 2, although he was probably most well known as loud-mouthed computer nerd Theo in Die Hard.

Gilyard was married twice and had six children.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Very sad. Every time I would see him I would think of his line in Die Hard: "Oh my God, the quarterback is TOAST!" And I confess I saw him in a few Walker, Texas Rangers. Godspeed, Clarence.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Very sad. Every time I would see him I would think of his line in Die Hard: "Oh my God, the quarterback is TOAST!" And I confess I saw him in a few Walker, Texas Rangers. Godspeed, Clarence.

"The cops have an RV!"

R.I.P. I've only seen him in Die Hard. At first, I didn't care for his character, but I've come around to liking him. Like Harry Ellis, I think the character is meant to be slightly cringey.
"You didn't bring me along for my charming personality."