Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Performance (1970)

I thought it had it's moments, and I liked the attitude and the characters. It also helps that I love The Rolling Stones. On the flip side, I'm not that big into weird, and I generally like a more cohesive storyline.

Her

Brilliant.

9/10

Unregistered User

Cloud Atlas

Not really my kind of movie but can see what sci fi fans would enjoy it. -

Monkey Business (1952)

Marilyn Monroe. That is all. -

Captain Phillips
(Paul Greengrass, 2013)

Incredibly intense. Emotionally captivating. Excellent performances. Superb direction. Great writing. Easily one of the best movies I've seen from last year. I was on the edge of my seat during the entire runtime. Tom Hanks gives one of the strongest performances of his career. With magnificent poise and confidence, he balances being a leader and a relatable everyman, running the gamut of emotions from beginning to end. He deserved an Oscar nomination for his performance. Rookie Barkhad Abdi is equally excellent--- no matter what he goes on to accomplish in his acting career, this will be the performance to which he'll forever be linked. Greengrass made the right decision to cast actual Somalians instead of familiar faces. If Don Cheadle or someone had been cast instead, the film would've lost much of its authenticity and realism. Surprisingly, I empathized with the pirates and their increasing sense of desperation, which is a testament to the strong writing and performances. Greengrass directs in a way that makes the audience feel as if we're right there with the characters. We feel what the characters feel, whether it's panic or adrenaline or claustrophobia. By the time the credits rolled, I felt as emotionally exhausted as Captain Phillips himself. Powerful stuff. Highly recommended.

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

I have a hard time getting into movies in which the characters act goofy. I still enjoyed it ok; the Coens always show plenty of skill, and I liked the music.

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

A great adventure classic with the perfect amount of humor and romance. I can't believe this has eluded me all this time. Fun from start to finish, and filmed in brilliant technicolor, the closest comparison I can think of is Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's something I would recommend for people of all ages. Errol Flynn is perfect as Robin Hood with ton's of charisma; I can't picture anyone else in the role. The rest of the cast is perfect as well. After watching mostly dark or weird movies, I needed something like this.

Pacific Rim

I actually really enjoyed this movie, the visuals were great, the story was pretty good and the actors worked well together. It was a bit cliché especially the ending but overall it was a good movie. I would have loved to have seen it at the cinema.

4/5 Stars

The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

A great adventure classic with the perfect amount of humor and romance. I can't believe this has eluded me all this time. Fun from start to finish, and filmed in brilliant technicolor, the closest comparison I can think of is Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's something I would recommend for people of all ages. Errol Flynn is perfect as Robin Hood with ton's of charisma; I can't picture anyone else in the role. The rest of the cast is perfect as well. After watching mostly dark or weird movies, I needed something like this.

great flick, Errol Flynn was my favorite actor early on in my film-viewing days. if you want to watch something else like this, try out Captain Blood (1935), it is Flynn's first starring role and DeHavilland is the co-star

i still think they have the best chemistry i've seen as far as a romance stories are concerned

i also read that at one point, Gone With the Wind (1939) was to star Errol Flynn as Rhett Butler and Olivia DeHavilland as Scarlett O'Hara... i still loved Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh in those roles, but in alternate universe-mode i'd have liked to see the Flynn and DeHavilland version of Gone With the Wind

Dogtooth (2009)

I thought this was an interesting movie; pretty sick and even darkly funny at times. I don't usually like weird, but it was weird in a realistic way. It could've used a little more life at times, but it's a good flick.

Silence Of The Lamb by Jonathan Demme

One of the best thriller of all time . Buffalo Bill is one hell of a great vilain and Hopkins is once again amazing . Certainly in my top 50 ever.

9.4/10

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

I have a hard time getting into movies in which the characters act goofy. I still enjoyed it ok; the Coens always show plenty of skill, and I liked the music.
I cherish that movie. Top 5 movies for me. I remember the first time I saw it I didn't think much of it, of course I was really young, but it has grown on me every time I've seen it since. I can quote the whole movie for you. Clooney is my man he has made some of my favorite movies and I always like a good Coens flick. If it was your first time watching it go back and revisit it in like a month. It will be better I promise. It was based of the Odyssey if you like Greek mythology.

If you don't give it a higher rating next time I attribute it to you being a FOP guy.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Monuments Men - 2014

Well since I was on my spill about a Clooney movie, the last movie I actually saw was a Clooney movie. When this was announced I had high high hopes for it. So much talent and my boy Clooney. Admittedly he has been so-so as a director. I've seen 3 movies he has directed this one, Leatherheads and Ides of March. Ides was decent and Leatherheads was the worst movie I've seen Clooney in, such a bore. Anyways my hopes for this were considerably lowered after they moved it from awards season into the abyss of the beginning of the year.

Clooney just never really finds the right tone in the movie. Not that it is a goofy movie but the tone of the movie just aided in me not being as emotionally attached to the characters as I should have been. The beginning of the movie felt rushed into as well. If he would have went grittier with the tone I think the movie would have faired much better. Now was it a totally bomb? No. I enjoyed it, who can't with these actors in it? You could watch them all paint for a whole movie and be entertained. I'd recommend it for a red box night then be done with it. Nothing that will leave a lasting impact to me. Also Cate Blanchett has the best performance in the whole movie but is only in it for 15 minutes. She kills it.

I would give it a 2.5/5

Agora (2009) ~ 7/10

This is one of my favorite films (I have far more than 10 lol). Alejandro Amenabar is a great director and storyteller. I have seen all his films. This is the top of the list.

1. Agora
2. the Others
3. Tesis
4. Open Your Eyes
5. The Sea Inside

I cherish that movie. Top 5 movies for me. I remember the first time I saw it I didn't think much of it, of course I was really young, but it has grown on me every time I've seen it since. I can quote the whole movie for you. Clooney is my man he has mad some of my favorite movies and I always like a good Coens flick. If it was your first time watching it go back and revisit it in like a month. It will be better I promise. It was based of the Odyssey if you like Greek mythology.

If you don't give it a higher rating next time I attribute it to you being a FOP guy.
I don't see it happening, but then again, I didn't like Pulp Fiction or The Big Lebowski on my first viewings so who knows.

I don't see it happening, but then again, I didn't like Pulp Fiction or The Big Lebowski on my first viewings so who knows.
Ha well if you hung out with me I'd probably force you to like it as much as I quote it. I bought a damn Dapper Dan pomade movie prop online. Just give it some time then revisit it, you probably won't fall in love with it like me but I bet you will like it better.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)

Bought this DVD a while back and was fairly certain I would like it. The premise just seemed right up my alley. And I was not disappointed. It's just loads of fun, with action, humor, gore...all the makings of a good time.

Starring Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton, Famke Janssen, Peter Stormare, and a beauty I've never heard of, Pihla Viitala. The title tells all you need to get you to watch this (or not, if you don't like this sort of movie), but there are twists and added things to make the story very interesting, such as the various forms of witches in the film. I admit to laughing at most of the gore in the movie, whether it was meant to be funny or not...it's just that kind of movie. And having two of my favorite beauties, Gemma and Famke, in the movie is just sugar on top, Plus a new favorite, Pihla Viitala. A real fun time.

Enemy

No doubt a movie that I will remember for a long time. Jake Gyllenhal proves his acting abilities once again in this movie that is definitely one that makes you think, and think hard. The directing is masterful and I assure you once you finish watching this you will sit there and think 'What the ****?'.

7/10

The Hunger Games

Decided to watch this because the concept sounded intriguing and I was wondering how they would do it in a way that was young adult friendly. Very fun movie that is to be taken lightly. Some strong acting especially from Jennifer Lawrence helps the movie a lot. Definitely became a follower of the movies after seeing this.

7/10

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Improved upon the first in many ways. Felt like a bigger and better movie with better special effects and a smarter plot. Jennifer Lawrence ups her game yet again, and is supported well by other young actors.

8/10

Slap Shot
(George Roy Hill, 1977)

Hockey, with its fistfights and missing teeth, its constant momentum and its slams against the glass, is a tough, violent, blue-collar sport, and I think Slap Shot captures that spirit better than any other hockey film I've seen. (Not that I've seen too many. Miracle, Goon, and The Mighty Ducks movies are the only ones that come to mind.) Paul Newman is as effortlessly cool as always, and the movie contains some great scenes. It's very much a "guy's movie,"--- you can practically smell the farts and beer and jock straps--- and I enjoyed the camaraderie and the locker-room language. Overall, it's a solid, entertaining sports flick, but not quite as funny as some people make it out to be.

The Stepford Wives
(Bryan Forbes, 1975)

Back in 2004, when I watched the remake, I remember liking the concept even though the film itself kind of sucked. Unlike the remake, however, which tried to be a comedy, the original is much darker, more satirical, and overall just a much better movie. Small things, like a repeated phrase or a man sketching a woman, carry sinister undertones. The dread slowly builds until the big reveal and the ending is especially haunting. If I didn't already know the twist, then I'm sure it would've made more of an impact, but it's still creepy. The movie may no longer be as timely as it was in 1975, but I think there's still quite a few chauvinistic men out there who would gladly swap their real wife for a Stepford wife. My only complaint of the film is the overly languid pace. Ten-to-fifteen minutes could've easily been shaved from the runtime, resulting in a stronger viewing experience.

Cries and Whispers (1972)

Going into this movie, all I knew about it was the basic synopsis. Based on that synopsis, I was afraid that this would be a snoozefest. I give the director a lot of credit, for not only making an excellent movie, but for keeping it at 90 minutes long and not dragging it out. I may be off base a little, but I didn't feel like this was that far off from being a psychological horror film. I don't know if I'd have much of a desire to watch it again, and I don't know who I'd recommend it to. I did not find it to be at all pleasant, or entertaining, but I did find it to be extremely effective, and as a result, pretty great.