Hollywood and Ezra miller

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Assumptions are always a great start to a constructive conversation Lol. Let's keep things rational and civil.
Just calling a spade a spade. Starting a discussion with an agenda and not reading past the text that serves your worldview is textbook narcissism.

They doth protest too much, methinks

I don't think kids should be looking at movie stars as role models. If an actor is the best person for the role, they should be cast. If an actor has said or done something stupid or wrong in the past, I don't think that should disqualify them from a role.

You're right. That's why I've started casting Klansmen and Democrats again.

Just calling a spade a spade. Starting a discussion with an agenda and not reading past the text that serves your worldview is textbook narcissism.

They doth protest too much, methinks

Both not Doth. It's in the dictionary Lol

Thank you for proving my point about the dictionary. Stay classy my friend 🫡

Props to not editing Doth to it's correct spelling. When you accuse someone of never reading a dictionary it's kind of important not to make a spelling mistake like "Doth" in your next message Lol

Nice profile pic by the way the 3D technology in the dread sequel is something else. Still remember seeing it at the cinema.

Props to not editing Doth to it's correct spelling. When you accuse someone of never reading a dictionary it's kind of important not to make a spelling mistake like "Doth" in your next message Lol

Nice profile pic by the way the 3D technology in the dread sequel is something else. Still remember seeing it at the cinema.

The fool doth think himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. (some guy named Bill Shakespeare, LOL).

The fool doth think himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. (some guy named Bill Shakespeare, LOL).

We all know it's the Dothraki who protest too much

Lol

Does no one have a dictionary these days.

Ahh referring to old English makes sense now.

Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this son of York. Some guy named Shakespeare

To acknowledge the existence of they/them pronouns is not to indulge anyone's "narcissism" but simply to respect their identity.
Respecting identity doesn't equal affirming delusions, or otherwise, we'd have to apply the same norm to all reality-warping mental disorders.

Respecting identity doesn't equal affirming delusions, or otherwise, we'd have to apply the same norm to all reality-warping mental disorders.

As Ben Shapiro said It's like going up to someone in an asylum and saying yes the curtains are indeed talking to you Lol

Here is as deep as it should go.

If you say you're a Christian, then I should agree that you're a Christian. I do not, however, commit to the proposition that I must view you as "saved" (i.e., going to heaven), even though that is also a major part of your self-perceived identity. I can't agree that you're saved unless I also agree that heaven is real and that is your worldview being forced on mine, so the buck stops there.

Ditto for the proliferating sex/gender identities in modern culture. If you say that you're trans or gay or ace or whatever, then I agree that that's your label. I do not, however, find myself obligated to your worldview (e.g., that you are a woman in every way that matters to me, that gender is a pure construct, that children have an incorrigible self-understanding of their essential gender identity).

The problem is that we're doing politics with the labels. If you're a woman, then that means you go to a women's prison, even if you're a serial rapist of women with a penis. And so the debates will rage, even as we attempt to respect the right of others to live their best life.

You ready? You look ready.
I’m all for someone believing that they shouldn’t have to cater to another person’s views on gender identity. But there’s a fine line between that and suckling the teet of hate. And I’ve yet to meet anyone that has started weaning.

And that’s all I have to say about that because, ya know, no politics. Although, I believe it’s 100% wrong that a person’s existence is considered political these days. Of course, I’m also against hot sauce on eggs, but I ain’t about to ban it and say it’s contrary to the fact that eggs do not need ****ing hot sauce on them.

I’m all for someone believing that they shouldn’t have to cater to another person’s views on gender identity. But there’s a fine line between that and suckling the teet of hate. And I’ve yet to meet anyone that has started weaning.
There's plenty of room for strong disagreement and even anger without calling it hate (e.g., calling for violence). Moreover, calling disagreement "hate" often serves as a convenient anti-democratic cudgel to demand assent or to enforce silence.

And that’s all I have to say about that because, ya know, no politics. Although, I believe it’s 100% wrong that a person’s existence is considered political these days. Of course, I’m also against hot sauce on eggs, but I ain’t about to ban it and say it’s contrary to the fact that eggs do not need ****ing hot sauce on them.

Could you even highlight a comment that would be classed as suckling on the teet of hate though? Or whatever that means Lol

I think it's easy to think of someone as hateful just because they disagree with your worldview.

So, are we talking about Ezra Miller? If so, my guess that this is the "sunk costs" problem for the studio. They got Keaton and Affleck to join in. You can't just shelve that movie.

I'm closing this thread.

If maybe someone wants to start a thread that's actually just about Ezra Miller without pointlessly veering off into culture war stuff, that'd be fine.