Beware of these 10 types of film watchers

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
We all love watching movies, but sometimes we encounter people who make the experience less enjoyable. Here are 10 types of film watchers you should avoid at all costs:

1. The TV addict: This person pretends to be a cinephile but watches almost nothing but TV series. They have no clue about the history, aesthetics, or genres of cinema. They think that binge-watching K-Dramas is the pinnacle of art. They will bore you with endless details about their favorite shows and characters and will judge you harshly if you don’t share their obsession.
  2. The Marvel maniac: This person loves Marvel movies and is quite a fanatic. They will try to convince you that Marvel movies are the best movies ever made and that every other superhero franchise is inferior. They will spoil every plot twist and easter egg for you and will get angry if you criticize any aspect of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They will also force you to watch every post-credit scene, even if it’s just a teaser for the next movie.
  3. The fanboy: This person doesn’t shut up about how great Tarantino, Nolan, and Scorsese are. They think that these three directors are the only ones who matter in cinema and that everything they do is genius. They will quote every line from their movies and will try to imitate their style and attitude. They will also dismiss any other director as boring, pretentious, or overrated.
  4. The bandwagoner: This person pretends that movies like Parasite or Everything Everywhere All at Once are the best movies ever made. They have no idea what these movies are actually about, but they follow the hype and the awards buzz. They will praise these movies without understanding them and will act like they are smarter than everyone else for liking them. They will also forget about these movies as soon as the next big thing comes along.
  5. The snob: This person only watches movies that are available for purchase on one obscure Japanese website for $1000 and then creams over how nobody else has access to them. They think that these movies are the rarest and most valuable treasures in cinema and that they are the only ones who appreciate them. They will look down on anyone who watches mainstream or popular movies and will brag about their exclusive collection.
  6. The elitist: This person loves only about 20 arthouse directors and thinks everything else is total garbage. They have a very narrow and rigid taste in cinema, and they refuse to watch anything that doesn’t fit their criteria. They will criticize every movie they see as boring, shallow, or clichéd, and will praise only their favorite directors as visionary, profound, or original. They will also lecture you on how to watch movies properly and will make you feel stupid for liking anything they don’t.
  7. The wannabe: This person claims they’re an expert on art cinema because they’ve seen one Tarkovsky film. They have no real knowledge or appreciation of cinema, but they pretend to be sophisticated and cultured by name-dropping famous directors and films. They will act like they understand every nuance and symbolism in a movie, even if they don’t. They will also try to impress you with their fake opinions and insights and will copy what they read online or heard from someone else.
  8. The activist: This person only watches political movies and either praises them highly or bashes them harshly, depending on whether they fit their political beliefs. They have no interest in the artistic or entertainment value of a movie, but only in its message and agenda. They will use every movie as an opportunity to express their views and opinions and will argue with anyone who disagrees with them. They will also accuse you of being ignorant, biased, or insensitive if you don’t share their perspective.
  9. The chatterbox: This person never shuts up during a movie. They will talk constantly throughout the movie, either commenting on what’s happening on screen, asking questions, making jokes, or telling stories. They will distract you from the movie and ruin your immersion. They will also annoy everyone else in the theater with their noise and interruptions. They will not care if you tell them to be quiet or to leave you alone.
  10. The list-maker: This person creates pointless lists like “Beware of these 10 types of film watchers” and posts them online. They think that they are funny and clever by making fun of other people’s habits and preferences in cinema. They have no originality or creativity of their own, but only recycle stereotypes and clichés. They also have no life outside of watching movies and writing lists about them.

So there you have it: 10 types of film watchers you should avoid at all costs. Of course, this list is not exhaustive or definitive; there may be other types of film watchers that are equally annoying or worse. But hopefully, this list will help you identify some of the most common ones and steer clear of them.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You forgot about me.
He didn’t forget about you, this is a list of film watchers. 😉You are more like Dwight from The Office, “I know everything there is to know about film, I have seen over 200 of them.”

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
lols all around!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The list-maker: This person creates pointless lists like “Beware of these 10 types of film watchers” and posts them online. They think that they are funny and clever by making fun of other people’s habits and preferences in cinema. They have no originality or creativity of their own, but only recycle stereotypes and clichés. They also have no life outside of watching movies and writing lists about them.

Was wondering if this would come up.

I think I can paraphrase Citizen Rules: There are no good film watchers, only good film reviewers.

I took the test:

Objectively Attuned Watcher--intellectual fusion is your primary goal of escape. For this reason, the likability of the characters is not too important to you, nor are the mood and atmosphere. You want a story that thrills or intrigues you, not one that necessarily touches your heart. A good plot and dialogue are crucial -- it's the logical connection that's paramount. Men are more focused, usually, on action and structure -- falling into this category more often than women.

#9 = My brothers.
What gets me is that they always ask questions about something in the film that was explained while they were talking - then the next question is about what happened while they were asking the last question... and on it goes in a snowballing, circular, domino fashion.
At the end they declare the film wasn't any good because it made no sense, didn't explain anything and had no plot!

I got 4 dashes for Emotionally Attuned Watcher and 3 dashes for Objectively Attuned Watcher. So I'll declare myself "A Little of Both" with a leaning toward emotional.
I've always been in touch with my X chromosome.

Yeah that quiz I posted is kinda silly. I'm sure if someone looked they could find a much better one. There's a of them on the internet.
We should come up with our own quiz!

We should come up with our own quiz!

#11. The ones who makes quizzes...