The Super Mario Bros Movie (2023)

Tools    

I want to see it again, but I wonder if my opinion would improve if the voice casting was a bit different.

I like Ana Taylor-Joy, but the voice seemed like it should be higher pitched.
I like Charlie Day, but the voice seemed like it should be lower pitched.
I like Seth Rogen, but I can't separate his unique voice to make it work for Donkey Kong...its just Seth Rogen in a donkey suit haha

Is this good? Haven't watch it, yet. But if it is good, plan to add it to my to watch pile.

Is this good? Haven't watch it, yet. But if it is good, plan to add it to my to watch pile.
It's worth watching. I liked the animation and character designs and there are some fun moments. Luigi is underused though and at least a couple of the actors are miscast.

Thanks, will add it to my to be watched list.

BKB
So now that Super Mario Bros is a bonafide hit, how long before DONKEY KONG get's the big screen treatment??

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah this wasn't good. Say what you will about the live-action movie, at least it had personality.

I saw this last night. Pretty disappointed. It wasn't bad. But given the audience reaction, all the money it made, all the talk about it, I expected something a lot funnier and more creative, definitely a Lego Movie kinda thing. It had a few moments but they were far between. I enjoyed a lot of the subtle nods to the game's history but that's nothing to make a movie for.

Animation was gorgeous, though, so there's that.

I saw this last night. Pretty disappointed. It wasn't bad. But given the audience reaction, all the money it made, all the talk about it, I expected something a lot funnier and more creative, definitely a Lego Movie kinda thing. It had a few moments but they were far between. I enjoyed a lot of the subtle nods to the game's history but that's nothing to make a movie for.

Animation was gorgeous, though, so there's that.

You gotta admit the action choreography in this movie tops many modern live-action flicks, and no gore or anything. It flowed perfectly well with the rules set up for its universe in both a cinematic and a nostalgic way.

BKB
I'm actually playing SUPER MARIO BROS right now on this New Table Top Arcade Machine I purchased last week for $1200.00.. It has 3000 Games with pretty much all the 80's Arcade Classics to the "T", like ASTEROIDS, ASTEROIDS DELUXE, GALAXIAN, GALAGA, DONKEY KONG, DONKEY KONG JR, etc and a ton more.. Well worth the investment..