Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Tools    

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The very artificial CGI-feel is scaring me a little. Lots of action in here that feels artificial and very "modern" for a lack of better wording.

But of course I'm going to see it and I hope for the best.

A system of cells interlinked
The very artificial CGI-feel is scaring me a little. Lots of action in here that feels artificial and very "modern" for a lack of better wording.

But of course I'm going to see it and I hope for the best.
I skimmed a few reviews, and all but one said the CGI was poorly done and really took away from the film. I will still see this, but I am not holding out hope. What I fear is another tearing down of a classic hero in order to elevate a newcomer. I really, really hope they don't go that direction.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Yeah, this review on YouTube has the ring of truth to it. I'm real reluctant to see the flick now:

I'll wait for it to show up on Paramount Plus. I hate theaters.

Yeah, I'll wait until there are some reliable reactions to the flick.

I like big theaters, but in the past 5-10 years there's rarely been a movie worth going through the live attendance process.

BKB
Basically, the reason they made this is because of the success of TOP GUN: MAVERIKK and how they took an 80's movie and gave it a proper sequel that did extremely well with moviegoers and how the Military was portrayed in the film VS how it is in real life right now and it put Tom Cruise on Top for it.. The De-aging from what I've seen in the trailer for this movie doesn't look all that promising and may be a case of "We're just not quite there yet with the technology to do this"

BKB
Really?? I feel like you rob yourself of the enjoyment of watching a blockbuster movie designed to be seen in theatres.. I'm probably the only one who feels that Streaming movies or movies going straight to Paramount+ or NETFLIX does the movie industry a disservice and that it take away from the enjoyment of seeing a movie let's say in IMAX..

Basically, the reason they made this is because of the success of TOP GUN: MAVERIKK and how they took an 80's movie and gave it a proper sequel that did extremely well with moviegoers and how the Military was portrayed in the film VS how it is in real life right now and it put Tom Cruise on Top for it.. The De-aging from what I've seen in the trailer for this movie doesn't look all that promising and may be a case of "We're just not quite there yet with the technology to do this"
"Koepp was eventually hired to write the fifth film in 2016, with a release date set for 2019, although this was delayed several times due to rewrites and later the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2018, Jonathan Kasdan was hired to replace Koepp, who returned to write in 2019 before eventually leaving the project. Spielberg was to direct, but stepped down in 2020, with Mangold taking his place. Filming began in June 2021, taking place in various locations including the United Kingdom, Italy and Morocco, and wrapped in February 2022."

When you make stuff up, at least try to make it believable enough to withstand a casual Google search. As you can see, the success of Top Gun: Maverick, which was released in 2022, was in no way "the reason they made this is."

Welcome to the human race...
Even if this had been inspired by the success of Top Gun: Maverick, do you really think they'd have been able to get a film of this magnitude made from scratch and released in the space of a year? Never mind how the fourth movie already did the "belated sequel to '80s hit" thing a full 15 years earlier.

BKB
"Koepp was eventually hired to write the fifth film in 2016, with a release date set for 2019, although this was delayed several times due to rewrites and later the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2018, Jonathan Kasdan was hired to replace Koepp, who returned to write in 2019 before eventually leaving the project. Spielberg was to direct, but stepped down in 2020, with Mangold taking his place. Filming began in June 2021, taking place in various locations including the United Kingdom, Italy and Morocco, and wrapped in February 2022."

When you make stuff up, at least try to make it believable enough to withstand a casual Google search. As you can see, the success of Top Gun: Maverick, which was released in 2022, was in no way "the reason they made this is."

I think you are referring to the movie “Top Gun: Maverick”. According to an article by the New York Post, MSNBC opinion editor Zeeshan Aleem recently condemned “Top Gun: Maverick” as the “most insidious movie” at the Oscars because it shows the U.S. military as a “beacon of virtue.” 1 However, some military veterans have criticized Aleem’s opinion and said that the movie portrays the Navy in a positive way2

Well?? There you go.. You didn't look very hard now did you??

I think you are referring to the movie “Top Gun: Maverick”. According to an article by the New York Post, MSNBC opinion editor Zeeshan Aleem recently condemned “Top Gun: Maverick” as the “most insidious movie” at the Oscars because it shows the U.S. military as a “beacon of virtue.” 1 However, some military veterans have criticized Aleem’s opinion and said that the movie portrays the Navy in a positive way2

Well?? There you go.. You didn't look very hard now did you??
Uh...Huh?

How does this relate to your claim that Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny was created due to the success of Top Gun: Maverick?

Just to clarify, this was your claim, in your own words:

Basically, the reason they made this is because of the success of TOP GUN: MAVERIKK and how they took an 80's movie and gave it a proper sequel that did extremely well with moviegoers and how the Military was portrayed in the film VS how it is in real life right now and it put Tom Cruise on Top for it.
Emphasis mine.

What does the opinion of some nitwit on MSNBC disliking Top Gun: Maverick have to do with the reasoning behind the making of the latest Indiana Jones film?