WWII B&W prison electrified fence

Tools    

I'm trying to find a movie that I saw in the late 1960's. It was at the local drive-in and I had fallen asleep after watching the kid's movie(I was a kid). They had the grown-up movie(s) next.

I remember waking up and seeing two scenes. I'm not sure if they were right after each other or different parts of the movie - or possibly two movies.

The first scene was 3-5 German officers standing in an office. I'm thinking they were speaking in German with the subtitles shown. I thought they were wearing gray greatcoats.

The second scene was during a prisoner escape. I'm guessing they were POWs if it was a WW2 movie. There was 1 or 2 prisoners kneeling next to a wire fence at night trying to escape. When one put his hands towards the wire, electric bolts flashed to his hands, killing him. I could tell it was the fake drawn sparks they would use to show electrocution.

I've done some searching of electrified fences at prisons (to eliminate US prison movies), and electric fences were used at Auschwitz (and possibly other concentration camps). It might be a holocaust/concentration camp movie.

I think it was B&W, but the German officers didn't have colorful uniforms and the escape scene was at night, so it could have been in color.

It's not:
The Great Escape
Bridge On The River Kwai
Diary of Anne Frank

It's not:
Stalag 17
Von Ryan's Express
The McKenzie Break

Movies that I can't find a copy online that might fit:
The Wooden Horse
Army of Shadows

It might be The Colditz Story, but this is another one I can only find snippets of the movie.

Neither The Wooden Horse nor The Colditz Story is your movie. I am by no means certain, but I think it might be Kapo (1960).

Neither The Wooden Horse nor The Colditz Story is your movie. I am by no means certain, but I think it might be Kapo (1960).
Thanks for the info on the first two movies. I'll still try to find them - they sound like something I'd watch.

Kapo is new to me. It does have much of what I'm looking for - Nazi guards, prisoners, and an electrified fence. I found the movie online, but I couldn't find the scene I remember. The prisoner in my movie was electrocuted.

Thanks, though for your help.

Well, someone found my western movie/episode I was looking for. Maybe a bump of this thread will end in a solution.

Hart's War with Bruce Willis and Collin Farrell, although I can't remember if somebody got electrocuted.
You can't remember any actor/s ?

Hart's War with Bruce Willis and Collin Farrell, although I can't remember if somebody got electrocuted.
You can't remember any actor/s ?
Thanks, but much too late for my movie. My parents took me to a drive-in movie when I was a kid (1960's), so the first feature movie or two were probably Disney movies or the like. Then came the grown-up films, one of which was the German POW movie. I fell asleep in the back of the car after my movies and woke up during the movie I'm trying to find.

I'm pretty sure it was a WW2 movie, but I should consider WW1 movies, too.

I've seen The Grand Illusion, but I don't remember any electrocution scene and IMDB's plot keywords don't list that either.

Although I cannot think of any particular example that matches your description, you might want to look into movies set in whole or in part in North Korean PoW camps. The Manchurian Candidate (1962) was by no means the only one!

Five for Hell (1969) is a WW2 movie with an electric fence, showing fake looking sparks.

See at 1:28:50:

Five for Hell (1969) is a WW2 movie with an electric fence, showing fake looking sparks.

See at 1:28:50:

Thanks. I've never seen this whole movie, but I've heard of it. This movie doesn't fit. It does have the fake electrocution flashes. My scene only has 1 or 2 prisoners trying to escape. It's at night (dark lighting) with them crouching down next to the wire. Thanks.

Although I cannot think of any particular example that matches your description, you might want to look into movies set in whole or in part in North Korean PoW camps. The Manchurian Candidate (1962) was by no means the only one!
I've only been looking at German war movies since I remembered a scene with what appeared to be German officers. I may have woken up to 2 different movies or misinterpreted the scene as having Germans.

I've looked at movies with prisons for criminals, but I don't know of any prisons like that with electrified fences.

But since I was wrong about my cowboy movie, I should consider movies outside of what I'm expecting. Thanks for the suggestion.

In the late 1960s, a drive-in would have advertised what movies it was showing in the local newspaper. Chances are that either Newspapers.com or NewspaperArchive.com has every issue of your local paper from that time period available for searching. Both of them have introductory free trial periods.